Organic grow, problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

next

Reaction score
Hey guys,

These are some royal gorilla. Growing under a pair of Tsl-2000 led lights, in a 4x4 tent.

They are in fairly hot soil, but it has been sitting for over a year.

Lots of growth, but the green is a little off color, as well as the slight yellow tips.

Is this too much nutrients, or not enough? I have fairly hard water, I checked and it has a ph of 8.3 with a ppm of 250.

Could also be too much light?
20210511_223549.jpg

20210429_134110.jpg

This is the soil mix they are in. Had both of the leds on , about 3ft above the plants.

Lower PH, little cal-mag that yellowing (and brown spots if any) should clear. That high pH will lock out nutes, may get yellowing despite nutes being present.

Bubba

I'm at office, but somewhere, I think it is on the back of my G.H. Cal-mag, a nice chart that shows what PH nutes are absorbed, and PH where locked out...

Bubba

Oh, I see your chart now!

Bubba

That appears to be an indica or indica Dom. I have often seen this with these varieties, usually early on. Yellow tips and edges of leaves. Then they get dry and crack, brown spots worsening.

PH and cal mag usually solve it. Brown spots stay dead, but green part will revive.

Savable, but PH and cal mag needed (in my silly opinion) in beginning. Even though "curable" I'm convinced yield suffers from these setbacks in the beginning. A slick hatch, seedling with no yellow or funky tips, thick stalks equals big indica yields.

Bubba

That appears to be an indica or indica Dom. I have often seen this with these varieties, usually early on. Yellow tips and edges of leaves. Then they get dry and crack, brown spots worsening.

PH and cal mag usually solve it. Brown spots stay dead, but green part will revive.

Savable, but PH and cal mag needed (in my silly opinion) in beginning. Even though "curable" I'm convinced yield suffers from these setbacks in the beginning. A slick hatch, seedling with no yellow or funky tips, thick stalks equals big indica yields.

Bubba

I agree seems any shock to their systems hurts them in even small ways.
But dang its just a weed

True that plant will spring back, not as touchy as autos, but yield may be affected? Maybe I just use that for excuse!

Bubba

Thanks for the kind replies. I do think ph was an issue, hoping to have cleared that up. Seems with these newer led's, they are fiends for the cal mag.

Gave them a light foliar feed of seaweed extract, I will supplement calmag next watering

Thanks for the kind replies. I do think ph was an issue, hoping to have cleared that up. Seems with these newer led's, they are fiends for the cal mag.
Those are likely two of the most common problems, need for Cal Mag, and PH being off. Both simply taken care of, PH meter, (mine was under 40 I believe) some Cal Mag, and a set of up/down.

Bubba

Lower PH, little cal-mag that yellowing (and brown spots if any) should clear. That high pH will lock out nutes, may get yellowing despite nutes being present.

Bubba

I would add that once you take Bubba's suggestion and the symptoms subside, cut all of the affected leaves off of the plant, and then give it a few weeks with proper environmental conditions. In particular, watch the humidity...keep it between 55-70. If your room temp is proportionally much higher than your humidity, it will also cause these brown spots on the tips.

I would add that once you take Bubba's suggestion and the symptoms subside, cut all of the affected leaves off of the plant, and then give it a few weeks with proper environmental conditions. In particular, watch the humidity...keep it between 55-70. If your room temp is proportionally much higher than your humidity, it will also cause these brown spots on the tips.

Humidity is at 60% temperature is at 24⁰c

Keep in mind to if your house has a filter you may need iron as well. Happened to me.

Also use a seedling soil to begin with. Those foam blocks, maybe just to stupid to use them right, for starters, ditch em! That chart that Rosterman put up is very good. I'm in soil also and they like low PH, A LOT. And singing to them, they like that a lot also.

Latest posts

Back