Organic journey of two satori clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you consider "appreciable" amounts? What does the container say about how much of what is in there? How often are you using it? I read that as fish emulsion works fast it is also used up by the plants fast. And 5-1-1- is a fairly weak nutrient.

Not sure you would like all the pH ing that goes with synthetic nutrients--it really can be a PITA.

That was just information quoted from a webpage.

I planned on using it every third watering, but i've been using it every other watering so far. The bottle just saying 5% N, 1% P, 1%K, 15% organic matter, use twice monthly for container plants.

I know organics don't show EC/PPM accurately but with 1/2 dose it's only reading about 150ppm.

How many ppm's would you recommend of cal/mag? I do think I need to be supplementing, just not 100% sure how much.

I think an ewc tea with a half dose of fish emulsion should do them nicely?? With 200ppm supplemented cal/mag

2 liters water
1/2 tsp cal-n-mag
1/4 cup ewc
1/2 tsp kelp meal
1 tsp hi-brix molasses

I skipped the fish emulsion and went with the kelp instead. Didn't get much brewing time, plant said she needed it asap. Only brewed it for 6 hrs or so before giving it to ernie. Ernie drinks more than Bert, looks happier too.

Currently reading True Living Organics. Very good read, lots of recipe's for tea's, soil's, spikes. It may be solving my issues for me. Seems as tho the author believes Earth Juice and TLO soil's do not work well together. Due to the acidic chelates used in the Earth juice.

I moved Ernie into a 5gal fabric pot, full of sweet sweet not quite finished cooking goodness. Will see how it goes...

Ernie didn't light on fire overnight.. I sentenced Bert to the same fate.

Ernie looks to be doing alright.. might just pull through. Bert is in pretty bad shape. Their roots were in definite need of larger pots.

This is what their grave is made out of, I had alot of help from Droopy on this soil mix. So a special thanks goes out to him. As well as to MP for the threads and information that was made available to me.

3 parts promix
1 part mushroom compost
1 parts ewc
1.5ish parts perlite
---------
1/2tbl/gal azomite
1/2tbl/gal glacial rock dust
1tbl/gal gypsum
1.5tbl/gal greensand
2tbl/gal dolomite lime

1tbl/gal bloodmeal
1.5tbl/gal alfalfa
1.5tbl/gal kelp meal
1.5tbl/gal neem cake
2tbl/gal bone meal

Mix is still lacking some soy bean meal, and some bark mulch. So i'm not to sure what the outcome will be.

Heya, Farmer

They aren't doing much.. Just sittin there, lol. New growth looks good.. I have high hopes..

The pots are drying out, they will need some water here soon. Was thinking bout giving them a nice tea or sumthin. Maybe try this out..

------------------

SEEDLING AND FRESHLY ROOTED CLONE TEA

2 teaspoons all-natural molasses

1 teaspoon liquid fish fertilizer

1 tablespoon alfalfa meal

1 tablespoon kelp meal

½–1 cup fresh compost or earthworm castings
1 teaspoon dry, soluble kelp or liquid seaweed

10 drops CaMg+ by General Organics, or comparable liquid mineral supplement

BUBBLE FOR 24 HOURS

Strain, dilute and apply the tea above. This is a really great 1-day tea recipe that also works well on true landrace genetics from exotic lands, as they usually prefer a lighter touch when it comes to feeding.
-------------

Interesting about not fertilizing if the soil is dry.. never heard that one before.

After I transplant into larger pots I usually let them go a little longer than normal before I water them. They have big shoe's to fill, and I wanna make sure it doesn't go anaerobic on me by letting it stay wet for too long. They "look" bone dry, but the weight of the pot says otherwise.

Just started bubbling the water for the tea, probly give them a drink tomorrow night or the day after.

There is a constant improvement everyday, I do think pot size was an issue.. I'm learning more and more, about organic's and microbes. Gotta keep em happy, and keep the war bloody.

I think.... they were happy under the fluorescent lights, they had a small microbe population that was taking care of them. But, when they were moved into the LED tent with about 10X more lighting, there wasn't enough soil and/or microbes to be able to turn the fish emulsion into food, fast enough to supply the plants with food. Next time, I will repot first, and make sure the microbes are big and strong before putting them under intense lights.

Un-diluted tea has ppm of just over 1000, after dilution it has 700ppm

Think they are headed back on track?? - I think they are gunna make it. Steady improvement and growth every day so far since repotting.

updates - Very excited about how things are turning around. And with the hopes of a water only grow, *fingers crossed* hopefully not tooo much can go wrong. Lets see how this Satori does at eating up the goodness I mixed into the pro-mix.

Slight bit of nute burn I think showing on the tips, but looks to be very minor. I think that means the soil is just about right in terms of hotness.
View attachment 20150720_220344.jpg

Removed 2 fan leaves that were badly damaged and in the way.. Gotta give this Satori credit, 100% turn around, with the cost of 2 fan leaves.
View attachment 20150720_220352.jpg

Here is Ernie, coming along quite nicely as well.
View attachment 20150720_220420.jpg

And here they are, very short.
View attachment 20150720_220506.jpg

Heya, Farmer

They aren't doing much.. Just sittin there, lol. New growth looks good.. I have high hopes..

The pots are drying out, they will need some water here soon. Was thinking bout giving them a nice tea or sumthin. Maybe try this out..

------------------

SEEDLING AND FRESHLY ROOTED CLONE TEA

2 teaspoons all-natural molasses

1 teaspoon liquid fish fertilizer

1 tablespoon alfalfa meal

1 tablespoon kelp meal

½–1 cup fresh compost or earthworm castings
1 teaspoon dry, soluble kelp or liquid seaweed

10 drops CaMg+ by General Organics, or comparable liquid mineral supplement

BUBBLE FOR 24 HOURS

Strain, dilute and apply the tea above. This is a really great 1-day tea recipe that also works well on true landrace genetics from exotic lands, as they usually prefer a lighter touch when it comes to feeding.
-------------

IMO, that looks way too strong for seedlings and why in the world would you put a synthetic nutrient like GH Cal-Mag in an organic tea?

THG, I copy and pasted that from Total Living Organics, by The Rev. I don't use GH myself, I think he meant to say General Organics Cal-mag. I did add a few drops of Earth Juice cal-n-mag tho. Bumped my RO water up to 75ppm

------------ - From TLO - The Rev
I have grown very successful TLO crops using CaMg+ by General Organics, with reverse osmosis filtered water, and using about 10 drops per gallon (or until about 65 PPM on a TDS meter) every time I watered or fed with a tea. Consider this sort of application if you are shy about using calcium and/or magnesium. This particular product has a 5:1 (five to one) ratio of calcium to magnesium, which in my opinion is awesome for cannabis growing. Choosing whether or not to use this kind of product will depend a lot on the mineral value of your chosen TLO soil mix, but if you are using a pure water source, you may benefit greatly from dialing in a certain level of this type product every, or perhaps every other watering.
---------

I think the majority of the nutrients added to the AACT are consumed by the bacteria? From what I understand an AACT isn't as much a fertilizer as it is a microbe / fungal population.

Latest posts

Back