Organic journey of two satori clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:vap-Bong_smoker::vap-leafy_wave::headbang::farm::smoke1::fly::banana: :dancing: :clap::headbang2::cool2::beatnik:
View attachment 20150725_234857.jpg
Lowrider style
View attachment 20150725_234938.jpg
Kinda like a string of green, instead of a screen of green
View attachment 20150725_235008.jpg
Tempted to switch to 12/12 waiting for some suggestions.. how much will this satori grow once she turns up the flower power?
View attachment 20150725_235028.jpg

This is the soil mix if anyone wanted to know
---------
3 parts promix
1 part ewc / lil bit a mushroom compost
1ish part perlite
---------
1/2tbl/gal azomite
1/2tbl/gal glacial rock dust
1tbl/gal bloodmeal
1tbl/gal gypsum
1.5tbl/gal greensand
1.5tbl/gal alfalfa
1.5tbl/gal kelp meal
1.5tbl/gal neem cake
2tbl/gal dolomite lime
2tbl/gal bone meal

How much was each "part" that you used for your basic soil mix? Giving parts for the soil and measurements for the nutrients is confusing.....

How much was each "part" that you used for your basic soil mix? Giving parts for the soil and measurements for the nutrients is confusing.....

With the parts, and the amendments seperate, it should be scalable as to how much soil you want to make.

I think I used a 2liter juice jug. Each "part" can be as big or as small as you want.. you could use cups, liters, gallons, buckets.. The size of the parts you use defines how much amendments to add. You need to know the size of the part that "you" use, then add up the total volume to know how many gallons of soil your working with. Then you know how much of each thing to add.

I used a 2liter jug, but doubled up so I did 6 parts promix, 2 part ewc, 2 part perlite. (Ratio is still 3-1-1)
That works out to 12 liters promix, 4 liters ewc, 4 liters perlite. Total volume is 20 Liters, or 5.2 gallons. Then take the amendments and add up how much you need to make 5.2 gallons of dirt happy.

If you want to do a bigggg batch, you could use a 5 gallon bucket for a part. Then you would have 15 galons promix, 5 gallons ewc, 5 gallons perlite. 25 gallons of mix.. then add how ever many tbl spoons or do some math and find how many cups you need to add of each amendment.

*The soil broke down into parts allows you to make as much or as little as you want*
*The amendments broke down into a per gallon ratio lets you amend as much or as little soil as you want*

this is what they are in exactly

24 liters promix/6 liters ewc/2 liters mushroom compost/8 liters perlite = 40 liters or roughly 10 gallons.

15ml = 1 tblsp
7.5ml = 1/2 tblsp

1/2tbl/gal azomite --- 7.5 * 10 = 75ml
1/2tbl/gal glacial rock dust

1tbl/gal bloodmeal --- 15 * 10 = 150ml
1tbl/gal gypsum

1.5tbl/gal greensand --- 22.5 * 10 = 225ml
1.5tbl/gal alfalfa
1.5tbl/gal kelp meal
1.5tbl/gal neem cake

2tbl/gal dolomite lime --- 30 * 10 = 300ml
2tbl/gal bone meal

Total nutes added to soil - 1950ml mixed into 40 liters soil
75ml azomite and glacial rock dust
150ml bloodmeal and gypsum
225ml greensand, alfalfa, kelp meal, and neem cake.
300ml bonemeal and dolomite lime.

Well, looks like you pulled them out nicely. It is up to you when to flip, I know you are low on height space so you could flip now. If you can wait another week or so you may have more end product. You have some nice bud sites that will double in height. Much flowering mojo to you.

Awesome thanks Rose, the tent is 63" tall.

Figure 12" for the pots, 12" of height from the light to the roof, then minimum 12" from light to plant. I have room for approx. 2.5 feet of plant.

I will try to let her stay in veg and keep growing horizontally until she fills the tent. I have never gone to these extreme's in training before. I won't let her get taller than a foot before I flip her into flower.

They went 4 days without water and they looked like they wanted to run away and die.. Most plants go 6-8 days in these 5 gal pots. Satori like the drink, so I gave her 1 tsp myco-madness mixed into about 3 gal water. I added tap water to r/o water until I hit 100ppm, bubbled over night, then added the myco's, and watered. Plants perked up quickly, they were quite thirsty but I figure its good for em, makes the roots search further to try to find water.

Did some re-arranging in the tent. Can't wait to get these lovely ladies into flower. I can already smell them when I open the tent.
View attachment 20150729_225155.jpg

View attachment 20150729_225347.jpg

blah, the one plant is showing some signs of i think mag def. I think my earth juice cal-n-mag is bad. I finally will listen to the world and stop giving it to them. Maybe use epsom salt instead?

I would say yes, she needs a bit of N to get to flower. EWC is a perfect idea. top dress and tea those girls.

:bong:

I <3 u Rose. :D

Hard to believe they already burned through the 5 gal of soil, they've only been in them for 3 weeks. I kinda thought they would be good to go atleast for a month or two

**I should note, I looked up the ingredients of the earth juice cal-n-mag I was using, and it doesn't sound like its very compatible with organics.**

Calcium Nitrate
Magnesium Sulfate
Magnesium Nitrate

Could that be causing the problems? Didn't seem to hurt them when using it with a tea, but I gave a plain r/o water with 75ppm of the cal/mag a week ago. So it is suspect..

I gave them the myco madness 2 days ago in an attempt to undo the possible damages, at the same time I didn't notice any problems until yesterday, so it is suspect as well.

-I don't know if its because of the LED"s but things sure seem to happen fast in the tent.-

qutoed for a deficiency list on Nitrogen

"If the yellowing leaves are at the top of your plant or the yellow leaves are mostly new growth, then you probably don't have a nitrogen deficiency. Nitrogen deficiencies always affect the oldest, lowest leaves first."

I removed about half a dozen or so small growing shoots that were severely crowded off of each plant, and it kinda looks like they are getting better.. time will tell. But I do think an Ewc tea is up to bat, regardless.

Hey Next, how did the Satori plants like the veg LED? I'm looking at buying an LED soon for veg only.

Hey there Cali420,

Plants love the LED's.. If I could just get my head straightened out, I think these Satori's would do wonderfully.

I like LED's, because...
Less heat
More even heat distribution
Less power
Less ventilation required
No bulbs to replace
*More awesome smells and tastes, apparently certain terpenes don't occur under HID's.
*I heard less chance getting busted from a large heat signature
*I think they grow faster

I don't like LED's because
*Depending on the light, its not easily fixable if broken. If an LED goes out, your screwed, most are not plug and play, they are soldered in
*The light bugs me ;p
*There is still myths and legends about them
*Alot more technological than HID's, they are still tweaking them, they physically pick specific spectrums, so each manufacturer has their own "formula" for the best light.
*I think things happen faster under LED's, both for good and bad.

* are just rambles

Hey there Cali420,

Plants love the LED's.. If I could just get my head straightened out, I think these Satori's would do wonderfully.

I like LED's, because...
Less heat
More even heat distribution
Less power
Less ventilation required
No bulbs to replace
*More awesome smells and tastes, apparently certain terpenes don't occur under HID's.
*I heard less chance getting busted from a large heat signature
*I think they grow faster

I don't like LED's because
*Depending on the light, its not easily fixable if broken. If an LED goes out, your screwed, most are not plug and play, they are soldered in
*The light bugs me ;p
*There is still myths and legends about them
*Alot more technological than HID's, they are still tweaking them, they physically pick specific spectrums, so each manufacturer has their own "formula" for the best light.
*I think things happen faster under LED's, both for good and bad.

* are just rambles

Is your LED a Mars? Which ones do you like?

How early can plants go under an LED?

I have only used these led's, so I don't have any others to compare to. Yes they are Mars Hydro lights.

I start my seedlings under them, you can run them from germ to finish

I gave these ladies their first taste of darkness... went from 24/0 to 20/4. Will continue to increase darkness till I get to 12/12

Hey guys,

So i am now watering every 3 days instead of every 4. I decided to give another round of the seedling/clone tea.

Basically it was 1tsp of kelp/alfalfa/liquidseaweed/fish emulsion per gallon of water. and about 2tsp molasses per gallon as well. add some ewc/compost bubble for a day or two, dilute with water 1:1 and thats her.

I think the tent is about full.. gotta get these ladies switched over to 12/12. They "look" to be holding their own, yellowing isn't getting any worse, perhaps getting better.

View attachment 20150806_091719.jpg

View attachment 20150806_091726.jpg

View attachment 20150806_091801.jpg

Latest posts

Back