Organic living soil pH issues!!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohiogrower420

Reaction score
Is 7 ok when testing soil with a soil probe and also what are some organic methods of reducing the pH in an already potted plants soil.

What type of probe r u using? Ive bought 3 different ones that all read 7 no matter what u put it in, and started reading about them and a lot of ppl of the same problem... what's ur run off pH? I feel like that's a much better feel for what ur soil pH is... could b wrong though

I use my pool tester. Works just fine. I test my solution and my run off with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of probe r u using? Ive bought 3 different ones that all read 7 no matter what u put it in, and started reading about them and a lot of ppl of the same problem... what's ur run off pH? I feel like that's a much better feel for what ur soil pH is... could b wrong though
Cheap soil probe. I know it works though 3 pots reading different pH because it's different soil I'm Trina figure out how to bring it down

only soil probes worth maybe anything are somewhat expensive, $60-100. why are you concerned with the ph of the soil, do you have plant issues?
Week I'm under the assumption that not only is the pH of the rizophere directly around the roots only millimeter thick then the soil it's self I ordered some build a soil and it rests at 6.2 and my other 3 pots mixed organic soil set at a pH of 7 and I just wanted to bring the other 3 pots down like the Oly mountain...

don't worry about soil ph so much, runoff is more important (6.2-6.8). you can have "zones" in your pot that have different ph's . if using liquid ferts i'd watch the runoff closely, but if dry amended soil is done right runoff isn't as much a worry for me. the chelates (organic acids/preservatives) in the liquids is what is going to negatively effect the microherd and runoff will be monitored more closely

don't worry about soil ph so much, runoff is more important (6.2-6.8). you can have "zones" in your pot that have different ph's . if using liquid ferts i'd watch the runoff closely, but if dry amended soil is done right runoff isn't as much a worry for me. the chelates (organic acids/preservatives) in the liquids is what is going to negatively effect the microherd and runoff will be monitored more closely
I'm going strictly organic with Ewc top dress and Dr earth or the organic fox farm dry amendments

Yep Doc is correct. I always check my runoff if i think i have a PH problem.

Latest posts

Back