Organic Soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr.Wakenbake said:
Most organic soils are found on the cheap isle. My suggestion is to stay away from the name brands of soils and go look on the no name bag isles. You can find all the ingredients to make your own organic soil there. Organic humus, manure, peat moss, and a host of all kinds of goodies like sand and of course your dolomite lime..

A great do it yourself mix is

1 40# bag of organic humus
1 40# bag of organic soil
1 bag of perlite
and adjust the pH with dolomite lime ( pulverized)

Ph is adjusted as 2 teaspoons per gallon of mixture as a general pH stabilization plan. Check the pH first though and if it's just slightly off then just add a half of cup of lime and go with it and you will be set......If you want to pay 30$ a bag for soil then go ahead. But you can make 10 times the amount of the same quality soil for the same amount... Heck you can even buy mushroom compost too at Lowes and home depot and most other garden stores

Hey do you think this mix will work for a year round outdoor grow for vegetation and flower? Or should I find something better?
Dro:cool2:

home depot has pro-mix, big bales for 7-8$ then you can add your own worm castings, bat guano ...whatever else

just curious while combin thru old threads readin i saw this bout you used airsoft BB's in bottom for drainage. assumin the same concept as puttin pebble rocks at bottom im guessin u were thinkin 4u? well was curious if it was worth usin em or would it be better usin small rox. cuz i got a hole huge jug them dang BB's from when i use to have one them guns. but it broke an i got bout 50million them BB's lol.

Hey zip..I used them cuzz i had a lot..they worked great..But IMO..the cost of them isnt worth buying for drainage..but hell it uses them up:rofl:

well thats only reason y i asked. i have a bunch leftovers collectin dust oon the jug anyways lol. thanks

Latest posts

Back