Organics and Growing with LED's and T5's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbezphil2005

Reaction score
**** - i just typed a whole bunch of **** and its' all gone, dammit!! oh well - here I go again! I grow in soil organically in smartpots and homemade "smartpots" with 2 1/8" holes drilled all over like swiss cheese, lined with landscape cloth, hardware cloth, or an actual smartpot inside them to help with moving and stuff - smartpots just arent made to be moved around. I use 20oz and 32 oz styrofoam cups with holes drilled out like swiss cheese too - I'll put the soil inside the ones with holes, then when I water i'll put that cup inside one with no holes, works great and helps to produce a lot more main tap roots - seems like for each hole drilled I end up with a main tap root, I'll have over 50 main roots coming off the stem this way, compared to maybe 10 or so with a regular pot type container or one with just drain holes. I use/reuse soil, fox farms ocean forest, berger bm7 - a locally available organic potting soil with a base charge of nutes, perlite, use Jiffy Organic Seed starting mix to germinate seeds and root clones, and amend with worm castings and high p bat guano and lime when needed. I use a PUr water filter to remove chlorine/chloramine, and save rainwater to use, too. I use Blue Mountain Organics line of Super Plant Tonic, Grow it Green, Flower Power and Foliar Harmony - the foliar spray I just add to the soil drench as I don't like spraying stuff on my plants unless I have to. I also use General Organics line - I bought a GO box a long time ago and I've been hooked ever since, lol - I love having the seperate bioweed and diamond black, as well as the fish ferts - neverknow when a good dose of fishy stuff will help, lol! Anyway, right now, in veg, Ive just started a test run for Wallyduck seeds out of australia. MBS - Mind, Body and Soul - zoidfuel x deep chunk x c99, and Z99 - zoidfuel x C99. Zoidfuel is The exact linage on the zoidfuel is - ((old aussie sat(sourced here) x chinese indica (sourced here in oz)) crossed to ((old aussie sat( same line) x png gold( brought back for me from png)) = the line the zoidberg cutting came from( could call it the zoidberg line, never really named the line)
zoidberg cutting x (fof3)progeny tested father of fuel male 3( aussie high altitude sat line i called the fuel line)
= zoidfuel f1s
directly from moonunits thread on mjp during the breeding of zoidfuel. those, nl5/hz from shantibaba, bros grimm c99 x grapefruit and c99 x grapefruit x bluegeez from thailord, pak99 kush, alien armband and blur from eugenics genetics, kksc x dc, deep squeak and deep wreck from kos, mako diesel, lemonade haze from dimodz, Tripoli Wicked from Maddfarmer, Killer Queen F7 x Herijuana IBL, krazy kush (smallblock kush), basic ape, chemmando, purple passion bx1, master og x herijuana ibl, grapefruit indica, I may be missing some, next time I water I'll do a check and redo the veg/flower list, alright? Not a whole lot going on right now in the "greenhouse" - I had to have my led repaired this last fall so I built a "temp" greenhouse thats turned out to be a little more permanent than temp, lol! I'll be getting my flower room back up and going within the next couple of weeks - for now it'll be mostly veg! Have a good one!

001 (Custom).jpg

004 (Custom).jpg

006 (Custom).jpg

008 (Custom).jpg

007 (Custom).jpg

011 (Custom).jpg

013 (Custom).jpg

015 (Custom).jpg

017 (Custom).jpg

019 (Custom).jpg

023 (Custom).jpg

029 (Custom).jpg

Sorry you lost what you had typed (but please no swearing--did you read the Site Rules?).

I'm a little confused--are these in a greenhouse or under T5s and LEDs? They look like they are stretching quite a bit looking for more/better light.

Just as a side note, more paragraph breaks makes for a lot easier reading.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Sorry you lost what you had typed (but please no swearing--did you read the Site Rules?).

I'm a little confused--are these in a greenhouse or under T5s and LEDs? They look like they are stretching quite a bit looking for more/better light.

Just as a side note, more paragraph breaks makes for a lot easier reading.

Sorry about the "profanity", ma'am - what I was talking about was the 4 long paragraphs where I detailed my soil, lights, and environment, then turned around and it dissapeared - not the little asterisks where they blipped out a few minor words like feces only in slang.

As far as my plants go, the first pics shown are tops that had just been cut - and not enough leaf matter taken off for that matter. The other plant is maybe 2 weeks or so from seed, They are directly under the t5's and have no issues with lack of light, thats for sure - and if stretching means growing in 24hr light about an inch on average a day with no internodal elongation, well, then I guess thats what they are doing. The leafs reach up like that BECAUSE the cal/mag, nutes, ph, is rock solid and healthy. I know the clones look "strange" maybe, but they had only been in the cups for about 4 days at that time, and like I said, too much leaf material was left on them when they were cut - the mako diesel is much better, here in an hour or so I'll take all them out and take more pics - I need to do some transplanting anyway.

Hey Baggins!! Great to see a friendly face here, anyway!! Wait till you see what came of the sam the skunkman sk#1/hz - man it was good!! And the pollenation from my herijuana ibl male took on it - I haven't popped any of them yet, too many goodies on the plate, but the master og / herijuana ibl cross is coming out bomb, bro - just quick dried a nug or two and holy crap is it good! Managed to back-cross it to the herijuana, too!! Starting a test run for wallyduck - MBS and Z99, started 5 of each 2 days ago and had half up within 30 hours - with no soaking!!! Straight into soil, just like I always do it!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for stopping in. If you don't like t5's or led's then don't visit here, thats all I got to say. I've been growing for a long time and I know they work, period.

Also, I germinate and veg in a bonsai style - main concentration is on SHAPE of plant and ROOT structure. All my plants are vegged for at least 2 months, mostly more. I'll get between 30 and 50 or more MAIN tap roots off my plants, where most will have less than 20 - many less than 10. All these are nice and big, and go on to develope the fine, webbed and hairy roots that just soak up the nutrients. I'll top and train for 4 months, all in a 32 oz "rooting cup", then transplant 2 or 3 weeks before flipping the switch to flower. This lets the roots start to fill in the new space quickly, and when flipped, the further root growth slows and lessens stretch somewhat, resulting in tighter buds and helps keep my canopy in flower in check.

Latest posts

Back