Other hobbies or maker interests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripwhyt

Reaction score
Not having a job, growing and smoking pot leaves me with a lot of free time.. I do some lost wax, lost foam and sand casting to fill that time.. Selling castings at the VFW swap meet on Saturdays lets me pick up some extra cash.. Now a days I confine myself to casting mostly in aluminum. I do use silver for some lost wax jewelry castings.
I also have some projects that involve vacuum forming.. For that, I use 2 diy vacuum formers, built from scratch. Feel free to post any projects of your own.
Here's pics of some items I've made. The knife was for a friend who moved on before he could pick it up, the rings and elephants are sterling.
The elephants are for a bracelet project that has been on hold for a while. The split elephant is where the catch is to be built. That link is also used whole alternately to complete the bracelet.
Please feel free to post any projects of your own.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    632.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    589.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    560.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 0
The pic of the Raider logo is my next project. It'll be in aluminum, 6"x6" welded to a 2"x2" square aluminum tubing, made to fit a hitch receiver.. I'm thinking loyal Raider fans may buy it. Despite blowing games they had already won.

Not having a job, growing and smoking pot leaves me with a lot of free time.. I do some lost wax, lost foam and sand casting to fill that time.. Selling castings at the VFW swap meet on Saturdays lets me pick up some extra cash.. Now a days I confine myself to casting mostly in aluminum. I do use silver for some lost wax jewelry castings.
I also have some projects that involve vacuum forming.. For that, I use 2 diy vacuum formers, built from scratch. Feel free to post any projects of your own.
Here's pics of some items I've made. The knife was for a friend who moved on before he could pick it up, the rings and elephants are sterling.
The elephants are for a bracelet project that has been on hold for a while. The split elephant is where the catch is to be built. That link is also used whole alternately to complete the bracelet.
You are a talented craftsman. I was focused on that blade handle. I'm a Forgotten Realms fanatic... pointedly, the tales of the Companions of the Hall. Anyway... that piece makes me think of Drizzr's scimitar Twinkle. Beautiful work. All of it. Well-done!

Can you explain your process of how you make the rings?
Had a friend that carved them in wax and something with blaster and melting wax out of the mold when formed?

Nice work and unique too

Latest posts

Back