Other hobbies or maker interests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky guy !
About 4 years ago I got a hair up my craw to get into home machining.
Watched a guy from England Jorden ,Joe Pie ,Mr Pete ( A American treasure ,a over 70y/o shop teacher who is simply the best with over 1 k in videos) Stefan Gottssomething .I do a deep dive like I alway do and start to educate myself. I then collected a 10x22 lath ,clamps ,calipers ,granite surfaces sine block and a ton of alum and delrin. vises ,drillpress. grinders
All used and was goings rob a bank to get a Prime Mathews mill
I never set it up because I have no room in my basement with tents and shit we never use.
And my Honey is a little bit of a prepper so we have enough food to last us until my ammo runs out.
My mobility is not what it used to be.
And got to make choices.
I watch those guys too, learned most of what I do about machining from YouTube videos. Same with growing, until they purged most of the growers off the site. Haven’t done a crop in a long time, all my gear is stored in my shop. I have a PM lathe, very nice stuff. Easy to spend a lot of money on that hobby but you can make some cool stuff. My last project was a small rod bender. Pretty fun to do.
E06FDCDC-7CD0-4A30-A65E-610257DEB9B0.jpeg

I watch those guys too, learned most of what I do about machining from YouTube videos. Same with growing, until they purged most of the growers off the site. Haven’t done a crop in a long time, all my gear is stored in my shop. I have a PM lathe, very nice stuff. Easy to spend a lot of money on that hobby but you can make some cool stuff. My last project was a small rod bender. Pretty fun to do.View attachment 318832
I bought a rod bender yrs ago from harbor freight, still never used it.
They sent me two due to an open box missing parts

I watch those guys too, learned most of what I do about machining from YouTube videos. Same with growing, until they purged most of the growers off the site. Haven’t done a crop in a long time, all my gear is stored in my shop. I have a PM lathe, very nice stuff. Easy to spend a lot of money on that hobby but you can make some cool stuff. My last project was a small rod bender. Pretty fun to do.View attachment 318832
I just got my Jimmy Diresta sticker .
Really nice ! Lucky SOB a PM lathe!
When is your PM mill coming?
Mr Pete is Americas treasure .... Joe Pie is a great guy too!

I just got my Jimmy Diresta sticker .
Really nice ! Lucky SOB a PM lathe!
When is your PM mill coming?
Mr Pete is Americas treasure .... Joe Pie is a great guy too!
The mill is a Jet, noisy but works. I watch Jimmy too. Very creative. The stuff he does on a band saw, I’d cut my fingers off if I tried that. Haha

I've been drawing a lot lately... it's helped tremendously with depression... plus making your friends smile is a plus.. All started when a buddy's daughter had a cat with eye cancer that passed away.. his daughter is Autistic and did not take it well... so I drew this for her...
Goober the kitty is done (2).jpg

My first drawing in years.... and then did this for her Dad my Celtic Brother.. we are doing a big Celtic Stone strain revival together...
Draig the Werewolf.jpg
Drawing for Scott.jpg

And this one for my bro Jon who is making me all the seed pucks for free
Sophie for Jon H.jpg

This guy being an artist himself asked me what kind of colored pencils I used... then he sent me a Castle Rock 172 pencil set and I did this first..
Here kitty kitty b.jpg
Here kitty kitty.jpg

Another hour or two on this kitty... I could spend a lot more then that on the hair.. but I'm getting better and these pencils make a huge difference... Cartman

I've been drawing a lot lately... it's helped tremendously with depression... plus making your friends smile is a plus.. All started when a buddy's daughter had a cat with eye cancer that passed away.. his daughter is Autistic and did not take it well... so I drew this for her...
View attachment 330411

My first drawing in years.... and then did this for her Dad my Celtic Brother.. we are doing a big Celtic Stone strain revival together...
View attachment 330412View attachment 330413

View attachment 330414
This guy being an artist himself asked me what kind of colored pencils I used... then he sent me a Castle Rock 172 pencil set and I did this first..
View attachment 330415View attachment 330416
Another hour or two on this kitty... I could spend a lot more then that on the hair.. but I'm getting better and these pencils make a huge difference... Cartman
Outstanding ! can you paint a portrait of Roster for us?

View attachment 330411

View attachment 330414
Carty The Pics are excellent and cool. My Dad use to paint nature scenes using oil paints.
He tried to teach me when I was a young lad, but I did not have the patience to wait for oil paint to dry.
Ever think to try your hand at airbrushing? Shadey is very good at it, and is a super sweet guy.Bet he would take time to give you some tips on how to start. Very cool indeed Bro.

View attachment 330411

View attachment 330414
Those are awesome drawings Carty. You have a talent with spreading happiness. So glad you got new pencils to encourage more of it… 🥰

I don’t watch much on internet or tv. But I did see that it sold. Interesting to see what they do with it.
The Jet has been chopped down to just the fuselage, and the wings and tail are off.
Jim plans to make an Elvis RV that people can rent and spend a night or two in.
Interesting concept , the Jet itself was not able to ever be FAA certified again due to structural damages and new inspection rules.
The metal parts Jimmy had cut off he had made into keychain Fogs in numbered series and has been selling them.

Those are awesome drawings Carty. You have a talent with spreading happiness. So glad you got new pencils to encourage more of it… 🥰
When I was a young man I liked to sharpen my pencil when at all possiable ,just saying... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back