Other hobbies or maker interests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jet has been chopped down to just the fuselage, and the wings and tail are off.
Jim plans to make an Elvis RV that people can rent and spend a night or two in.
Interesting concept , the Jet itself was not able to ever be FAA certified again due to structural damages and new inspection rules.
The metal parts Jimmy had cut off he had made into keychain Fogs in numbered series and has been selling them.
I heard they were going to do this ..
1686141341417.png

Spoken like a true seed *****... hahaha. you so bad.

I do water colors, acrylic paints, colored pencils are my thang though and just got 172 color set for my birthday.. plus 20 @ 8 x 10 canvass's to paint on.. 5 of them are black making for very cool affects. I'm
a bit new to the painting stuff, but it's fun learning. I watch a lot of youtube videos, because, well, there
free... and some great tips.
Let me get caught up on things, I started like 5 drawings... and yeah, I'll try to do a portrait of our ugly friend here, seeing how he's my bud and love him too... and here I always thought it was Roosterman.. lol
Funky Chicken Boots video.jpeg

Dig the little boots... he had damaged feet so owner made these...

Spoken like a true seed *****... hahaha. you so bad.

I do water colors, acrylic paints, colored pencils are my thang though and just got 172 color set for my birthday.. plus 20 @ 8 x 10 canvass's to paint on.. 5 of them are black making for very cool affects. I'm
a bit new to the painting stuff, but it's fun learning. I watch a lot of youtube videos, because, well, there
free... and some great tips.
Let me get caught up on things, I started like 5 drawings... and yeah, I'll try to do a portrait of our ugly friend here, seeing how he's my bud and love him too... and here I always thought it was Roosterman.. lolView attachment 330493
Dig the little boots... he had damaged feet so owner made these...
Carty.png

New amplifier build. Like I need another! I don't want to spend 5-6K on an amplifier, so I build them. Power amplifiers, preamplifiers, phono pre amps, this sort of thing.

I have a vacuum tube phono/preamp driving a vacuum tube power amp hooked up to a pair of Altec Voice of the theatre A7 in the basement.

2 separate class A solid state systems upstairs, one driving Tekton speakers on one end, and some I built on the other. 5 cu ft JBL 4705 box loaded with 15 inch JBL 2235H bass drivers, with B & C compression driver and wave guide on top.

At least 2 more similar systems up stairs, 2 in my bedroom alone!
Latest project: clone of PAS laboratory XA25.

Have the case assembled, soldering amp's circuit board in other pic. I have the power transformer, output devices, and power supply caps, 16 of them, 50 volt 33,000 uF each.

Once boards are done and wired in case, I will fire it up on a variac to slowly ramp it up while multiple meters monitor offset and Bias current.

Also have a build for a new set of speakers, have crossovers built and 16 bass drivers, midranges, and planer driver for the treble.
Awaiting shipping of flat pack of all parts CNC cut.

Boys and their toys. I really need a hot rod....

Bubba

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_140244788.jpg
    IMG_20230704_140244788.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230704_140326963.jpg
    IMG_20230704_140326963.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230704_140340180.jpg
    IMG_20230704_140340180.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
New amplifier build. Like I need another! I don't want to spend 5-6K on an amplifier, so I build them. Power amplifiers, preamplifiers, phono pre amps, this sort of thing.

I have a vacuum tube phono/preamp driving a vacuum tube power amp hooked up to a pair of Altec Voice of the theatre A7 in the basement.

2 separate class A solid state systems upstairs, one driving Tekton speakers on one end, and some I built on the other. 5 cu ft JBL 4705 box loaded with 15 inch JBL 2235H bass drivers, with B & C compression driver and wave guide on top.

Have the case assembled, soldering amp's circuit board in other pic. I have the power transformer, output devices, and power supply caps, 16 of them, 50 volt 33,000 uF each.

Once boards are done and wired in case, I will fire it up on a variac to slowly ramp it up while multiple meters monitor offset and Bias current.

Also have a build for a new set of speakers, have crossovers built and 16 bass drivers, midranges, and planer driver for the treble.

Bubba
Dammm
I have B& W 804s with a Classe amp cdplayer and preamp.
But I have to say with all this bluetooth and having a way to play so easy its mostly mp3s

Spoken word? Like poetry or speeches? What kind of spoken word Bubba? Do you still buy vinyl?
Yes I still buy vinyl. It availability has greatly increased the past few years, tons of used.

Spoken word, all I think I have are recordings of CBS mystery theatre episodes from 70s and 80s. Mostly listen to stuff like that online, YouTube, etc

Bubba

We are all the time looking thru old records. We have a nice old record store here that never closed down when all the others did. We have been shopping there for 50 years and the guys dad owned it before that. Nice and junky too with all kinds of stuff to sort thru. I’m always surprised to see all the young folks in there shopping for stuff I bought 40 years ago.

We are all the time looking thru old records. We have a nice old record store here that never closed down when all the others did. We have been shopping there for 50 years and the guys dad owned it before that. Nice and junky too with all kinds of stuff to sort thru. I’m always surprised to see all the young folks in there shopping for stuff I bought 40 years ago.
Vinyl never really went away, and has come back strong the past few years.

Bubba
Nobody noticed the rifle benchrest for long range shooting in pic?

Bubba

Vinyl never really went away, and has come back strong the past few years.
Yep. It didn’t go away for us. We have a large collection. Can’t help browsing the $1 rack for CDs too. My new truck doesn’t have a CD player so I guess they are pushing that away too. I guess a CD player is no longer included in the bells and whistles anymore

but you do get these fancy lights I just saw for the first time last night that shine on the street when you open your doors. ( I would have chosen the CD player over the cool lights tho…)
IMG_8453.jpeg

Latest posts

Back