outdoor grow in wine half barrels, city water, organic growing soil. problem: yellow leaves with lines on plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizardofbwah

Reaction score
sacramento, southern exposure outdoor grow. leafs on one plant then another, both sativa dominant, yellow at tips and lines on leaves.
leaf2.jpg
leaf1.jpg

Are you just watering them or are you using a mix in nute system

More info my friend. You aren't giving them anything but water? How long have they been in the barrels.
they were sprouted from seeds. they spent their first months in a grow tent till my friend and I transferred them to the outside barrels. the soil is a generic organic vegetable soil we use around the place for growing our vegetables. they are in half wine barrels with multiple holes in the bottom. I water them every 2-3 days, with a hose, likely a gallon of water or so each time. I tend to check the soil, when its slightly dry down a couple inches i water (question: am I watering too much?)
the tips on only the sativa dominant plants, I have 4 indica dominate that are doing great. the tips start gowing yellow, then die with the patterns shown in the photo.

they were sprouted from seeds. they spent their first months in a grow tent till my friend and I transferred them to the outside barrels. the soil is a generic organic vegetable soil we use around the place for growing our vegetables. they are in half wine barrels with multiple holes in the bottom. I water them every 2-3 days, with a hose, likely a gallon of water or so each time. I tend to check the soil, when its slightly dry down a couple inches i water (question: am I watering too much?)
the tips on only the sativa dominant plants, I have 4 indica dominate that are doing great. the tips start gowing yellow, then die with the patterns shown in the photo.
oh yeah, not all leaves, just enough to make me worry...

Look Hungry and does soil have any pearlite to help the water flow as to not soak the roots in water all day?
Looks like the Fans are sacrificing themselves up for food.

Looks like you need to feed them.Bat guano, fish emulsion or something. Like big said cal/mag. Do some research on organic feeding.

I wonder if the chlorine in the city water might be having an effect? You could always fill a couple of buckets with the water and let it sit for a few days to negate the chlorine.

sacramento, southern exposure outdoor grow. leafs on one plant then another, both sativa dominant, yellow at tips and lines on leaves.
View attachment 274096View attachment 274095
City water has a boat load of chlorine which kills organic growing soil, these plants need nutrients N P K Cal meg. Also if you water from your hose the pH is most likely way off shutting the plant down from feeding. My pH from the tap is 10.7 which equals 1 tums.

big thanks to those who answered my thread, I have purchased bat guano and am now distilling my water for 24 hours before using. going to let the sun and time do its work and watch for the change. yup.
learning stuff every day, it keeps you young. plus I like a little cannabis now and then, and I think that helps as well.
thanks again.

I fill up my water buckets up with tap water and let them set for 24hrs. Never had a problem.
The rest of my plants and veggies get tap water and FF Nutes straight from the hose and are growing like a Mother Fker.

Latest posts

Back