Outdoor, I see pistils :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Trip

Stoneheart :)
Reaction score
Yesterday I visited my outdoor gals, didn't saw them in such a long time:
I'm amazed to say that I have 3 gals from 3 :hubba:(too bad that it's bag seed).
I'll put a pic with my largest one, she has overgrown the bushes around nicely.
Thanks everyone for your help and support, this is my first try and I'm pretty happy about it :D. More will come after flowering :D
BTW my girl in the pic has eleven leafs, is that supposed to mean something ?:D

2 months and 2 weeks, kept them about a month in a pot and then I let them "go wild" .

Johnny Trip said:
...I'm amazed to say that I have 3 gals from 3 :hubba:(too bad that it's bag seed)...
:D

Keep an eye out for nanners, also. While it is not unusual to get 3 for 3 females, if you have used bagseed, you probably have hermie genetics. If so, they could sprout nanners at any time, too.

Didn't knew that, gonna check 'em in two weeks again.
Btw, the leaves look droppy, it rained pretty often lately, could be because they are over watered ?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Keep an eye out for nanners, also. While it is not unusual to get 3 for 3 females, if you have used bagseed, you probably have hermie genetics. If so, they could sprout nanners at any time, too.
I don't understand why bagseed is more prone to hermie.Couldn't the seed come from a pollenated female that was pollenated by a male?Is it something to with being in a bag?I just can't understand why you say this every time someone says they are growing bagseed.Can't hermies come from other seeds as well?I'm just trying to figure out why hermies are more common in bagseed.

probably just most commercial growers kill off males before they can pollinate so the only other way to get seeded stuff would be if some of their females went hermi themselves. so could be normal but more chance that its from hermi plants.

im no expert though

growing some from bagseed myself still waiting to see signs of sex if theres alot of hermies ill just keep em dont think its a huge problem unless you have crops of it, bit lower potency but id still be happy enough

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
probably just most commercial growers kill off males before they can pollinate so the only other way to get seeded stuff would be if some of their females went hermi themselves. so could be normal but more chance that its from hermi plants.

Yup, thats why she says that. dont mean to put words in your mouth THG.

oldsman said:
I don't understand why bagseed is more prone to hermie.Couldn't the seed come from a pollenated female that was pollenated by a male?Is it something to with being in a bag?I just can't understand why you say this every time someone says they are growing bagseed.Can't hermies come from other seeds as well?I'm just trying to figure out why hermies are more common in bagseed.

Of course, it is possible that the seed could come from a male pollinating a female, but it is not likely and the odds are against it, especially if this is from a bag of high quality bud. Bogart is pretty much correct. Most growers go to great lengths to keep their females sensimillian as seeds affect both the quality and quantity of the bud. We watch out for males and remove them as soon as they show sex, long before they drop pollen. So, when you get a bag of good quality smoke (that should be sensi) and you find seeds, it is almost certainly a result of the female plant selfing. And when the plant does that, the hermie gene is no longer a recessive gene and you are far more apt to get a hermie plant from these seeds.

I understand how you guys are looking at it now.In my area we get what we call "Tex-Mex" weed that is probaly planted by the acre and what ever grows is what is harvested and some how ends up in my pipe.I am not privy to the high quality bud others are smoking daily:( except on rare occasions or when I can grow it myself:D .Thank you for the clarification.:48: I have a few gals going myself and no "known" males in the area so if I find seeds chances are the plant did it by itself i.e. hermie.:stoned:

if outdoors, they can be seeded if another grower has let a male go without pulling it.
i really dont know how far pollen travels, but can happen.

rebel said:
if outdoors, they can be seeded if another grower has let a male go without pulling it.
i really dont know how far pollen travels, but can happen.
Ive heard pollen can travel up to 10 miles so beware. I'm sure a veteran can help clarify this if I am wrong.

I'd like to know what hemp could do if they polinate mj ?And at what distance ?

1/2 of your genetic makeup is contributed by the male/paternal parent, soooo in theory, it would reduce your quality by 50%, not to mention the other negative connotations.
Pollen can be spread for several miles if it is transported via 'you' or insects. (honey bees)
:confused2:

Well that makes me worried, there could be wild hemp around in several miles, there is too much ground to trace em.

It is a chance most outdoor growers accept as possible and unavoidable.You just can't be sure the person living around the corner or down the street pulled the males and hermies.

Latest posts

Back