outdoor idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitocorleone

MuscularGermanCyborgJew
Reaction score
I was thinking.. for an outdoor grow how about using a battery powered submersible pump and timer, and a res for ebb and flow... or just some hose and a bunch of emmiters... do they make battery powered pumps?

well thank for you for that.. searing insight... pumps are like 10 watts i was thinking like one of those big flashlight batteries that is a giant square thing... it was just an idea... i've been shut DOWN!!!

never let them steal your dreams!

in dreamland we all get free bubble up and rainbow stew.

i think i would use a car batter or marine battery. i think they make some very water resistant .....couldnt you use a Builge pump for a boat or a livewell pump? they sell them at walmart!

Hello!

Sorry I didn't introduce my self first. You can get a pond pump for about 20 bucks that comes with it's own solar panel. I know no one want to have a large solar panel marking thier grow spot, but the solar panels that come with the pumps are small and encased in a formed rock that let's it blend into the environment.

You would either dig your well or watering hole deep enough that it collects and retains water, submerse your pump and place the solar cell rock in the sun. During the day, the little solar cell will power the pump. The pump won't work at night, but a little creativity, like your idea with the battery, you could then rewire the pump/solar cell to charge the battery so the pump will run at night.

You can also place the pump into a pond, stream, or othwer body of water hiding the solar cell rock amongst other rocks, and run a water hose to your area.

As long as you're not trying to push water to far uphill, you can get an irrigation system to water a small garden.

Latest posts

Back