• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Outdoor scrog

Lextar7

Reaction score
Has anyone tried an outdoor scrog. I tried my first one last season. I couldn't believe the difference in the amount of bud I was able to harvest. I should have tried this a while ago. If there's anybody here that's growing this way maybe we could share some ideas. I'll try to send some pics when it starts to fill in,about 2 months.

QBCrocket

Reaction score
looking forward to seeing how she turns out , the hardest part I think would be timing , not like indoors where you can pick when to turn

AladinSane

Reaction score
Sounds good, hope it works out. Will be following along.

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Staff member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people do some kind of tying down as outdoor plants can get quite large. Not sure I really see the advantage of an actual scrog though?

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I thought that a scrog was to help make the most out of the limited light penetration of a grow lamp.
The sun is just as strong at the bottom of the plant outdoors, so why bother?

Lextar7

Reaction score
Hey Surfer Joe, Hope all is well. I read your comment on outdoor scrog,I used to grow with just LST but with outdoor plants as you know they can get pretty big & bushy so I decided to try a scrog. I thought it works indoors with smaller plants so why not try one outdoors . For me I no longer have broken branches & a nice harvest.I can also keep them just below 6'.As soon as they reach the screen I start to remove the lower leaves since they don't get much light anyway & it helps to eliminate powdery mildew with more airflow & no small airy buds.It works for me.