Outdoor scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lextar7

Reaction score
Has anyone tried an outdoor scrog. I tried my first one last season. I couldn't believe the difference in the amount of bud I was able to harvest. I should have tried this a while ago. If there's anybody here that's growing this way maybe we could share some ideas. I'll try to send some pics when it starts to fill in,about 2 months.

looking forward to seeing how she turns out , the hardest part I think would be timing , not like indoors where you can pick when to turn

Sounds good, hope it works out. Will be following along.

I think a lot of people do some kind of tying down as outdoor plants can get quite large. Not sure I really see the advantage of an actual scrog though?

I thought that a scrog was to help make the most out of the limited light penetration of a grow lamp.
The sun is just as strong at the bottom of the plant outdoors, so why bother?

Hey Surfer Joe, Hope all is well. I read your comment on outdoor scrog,I used to grow with just LST but with outdoor plants as you know they can get pretty big & bushy so I decided to try a scrog. I thought it works indoors with smaller plants so why not try one outdoors . For me I no longer have broken branches & a nice harvest.I can also keep them just below 6'.As soon as they reach the screen I start to remove the lower leaves since they don't get much light anyway & it helps to eliminate powdery mildew with more airflow & no small airy buds.It works for me.

Latest posts

Back