Outdoor to Indoor, plz help 8)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOak181

Reaction score
I have a plant outside, I live roughly on 43 degree latitude so the weather is getting increasingly cold.

This is my first grow, and my plant is now 8" tall. I planted in late July to mid August, I can't really remember. I'm not expecting a huge harvest but I will take what I can get. Right now, with no real effort on my part my plant has two nodes on the bottom, each with a single leaf. Up an inch or two are two more nodes with 3 leaves per node, one more inch up and there's a group of leaves. It hasn't started to flower yet so I don't know if it's male or female yet. I need to know if I should bring this plant inside or let it grow outside for a while. I'm also wondering how much I can expect to harvest if I leave it outside, and if I need to bring it inside, what type of light do I need for this one plant.

Thanks,

Red

read the tutorials on site and the grow journals. i dont even know where to begin. you have had 6 - 8 weeks to research the info. do it yerself, sorry but come on man.

IMHO i would bring it inside because it's not gonna finish outside by the sounds of things. You need to get yourself either an HPS light or some CFL'S. You need to have atleast 3,000 lumens per square foot but 5,000 would be better. Also you should take a look at some of the grow guides we have here on the forum they will be much help to ya in the long run.

when should I bring it inside though? Also, what light cycle should I put it on at first, 12/12 or 16 on and 8 off?

If I leave it outside, how much can I expect to get/ will it survive at all?

RedOak181 said:
when should I bring it inside though? Also, what light cycle should I put it on at first, 12/12 or 16 on and 8 off?

If I leave it outside, how much can I expect to get/ will it survive at all?
Are you living in the states? If so harvest time is coming to an end in most parts of the country. If and when ya bring it inside i would put the lights on 12/12. Not sure how much you could expect as far as yield goes because it's just to hard to guess.

if it only 8" tall, bring it inside and put under 18/6 light. hope ya got 250.00 bucks fer a 400w kit. if not buy some cfu's like tbg said and grow it up to 14" then flip to 12/12. could take ya 10 weeks to get 2 oz. dry

I really appreciate your help guys, thanks a bunch. But just another question ;) ...

The bulb I wanted to buy was one of those spiral things, 42watt, GE types. (CFL) (compact fluorescent lamp). It's only one plant and the grow guides talk about square footage and all, will one bulb for one plant be enough? I think those bulbs are like 8 bucks, there's no way I'm gonna shell 250$ for lights, I'd just buy my pot instead :p

Grunt, I'm living in Southern Ontario, and it's about 10-16 degrees celsius now.

Astra007, is 18/6 18 on and 6 off?

OK get as many of the CFL's as you can the more the better. One light will not be enough.

yup, heyo from southern BC. 18 on 6 off or 16 on 8 off yer choice. or 24 hours on is ok fer veg. get 5 of those bulbs. and a light bar to screw into.

I've run into a problem. I went out yesterday (after a few days of steady growth, fatter leaves, 2 more nodes, more leaves on old nodes) and the leaves were all droopy. I've checked out other forums and ppl say there's too much water, or not enough...(well I've had pretty steady rainfall for the past little bit...) or they say move them to bigger pots...but mine plant is outdoors! Anyway, I didn't want frost killing it so I've broguht it inside and the leaves aren't nearly has heavy, wet or as large as they were, but the top leaves are still very droopy. The stem is looking stronger than ever but it may be because it's not carrying all that weight. How do I get my leaves back up to normal size, or at least keep them from drooping.

Right now they are beneath my sink with a frosted house light bulb, nothing too harsh yet...I would've subjected it to something stronger but I don't have any other bulbs, gonna hit walmart tomorrow. I'm going to leave it on for 18hrs for right now, but plz tell me how to get my big bushy leaves back!

Just checked on them and the originally, nicely curved stem is straight tall like a bamboo stick then does a big u-turn like a candy cane. Top of stem is very soft, bottom is stiff. Droopier than ever, bottomest leaves have yellow spots...plz help!

Was your plant in the ground outside or did you have it in a pot outside?

it was in the ground, it was droppy before I brought it inside. at midnight I shut off the houselight bulb and left it in darkness and will continue to do so until noon.

I was thinking you might have cut some roots but if you say it was drooping before you brought it in then it can't be that. You have to get a better light or lights on that lady because a regular house light is not gonna help ya out at all. I see that you said your going to Wally World and get some CFL's today. They will work but your gonna need more than one if ya don't want fluffy buds IMHO. You need to have atleast 3,000 lumens per square foot but 5,000 would be better.

My marijuana plant was sprayed with a pesticide and I think it may be dying. It is 8" tall and it is my first grow, I have brought it indoors but the leaves are still droopy and the lowest leaves are yellowish. Is there anyway of saving this plant? Are there common ways of fighting a pesticide against weeds? Ironically it was sprayed by "Weed-Man Inc".

It was doing so nicely right before the spray.

So I did a little research on pesticides/herbicides/weedkillers on wikipedia and found these two types of action:

Contact herbicides destroy only the plant tissue in contact with the chemical. Generally, these are the fastest acting herbicides. They are less effective on perennial plants, which are able to regrow from roots or tubers.
Systemic herbicides are translocated through the plant, either from foliar application down to the roots, or from soil application up to the leaves. They can destroy a greater amount of plant tissue than contact herbicides.
I called the company and they said (sounding ever-so cluelessly) that they used a contact herbicide...so good news I think. What should I do to combat this and how can I get this thing to keep on growin?

PROPER light, proper soil, proper ferts and then leave it alone to grow. oh ya ph'ed water would be nice. and a 5 gallon pot.

Latest posts

Back