Over or under watered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe just a lil shock from the transplant
I have had you plants look like that mine were exposed to cold while in Dixie cups. Next they began to yellow and I had to trash most of them, 3 or 4 survived. I also had issues with the soil I was using.

Bubba

I think today's LED's on full can fry plants from light fequencies we havent seen from early LED's or bulbs. Just my opinion is all.
LEDs can fry and in two different ways. They can burn by heat and close proximity, like high pressure sodium just not as bad.

The burn I see more often is not from heat, but from more light than the plant can handle. Make no mistake, leds are different. Their light can be quite powerful. As the light increases, plant demands more nutes giving more growth. At some point strains reach the point where it can not process more nutes. Increasing more light, and here comes curled up tips and browning between the leaf's veins. I tend to see a little of this after 4th week of flower as well....usually lights are close to full throttle at that time.

Bubba

Looking rough today. Letting them dry out a bit. I got down there barely to pick the pots up and they have plenty water.
I just hope they bounce back.
They look like I feel after surgery. 🤣
20230325_102130.jpg

Looking rough today. Letting them dry out a bit. I got down there barely to pick the pots up and they have plenty water.
I just hope they bounce back.
They look like I feel after surgery. 🤣View attachment 323162
Maybe they are having sympathy pains for you. They will get well quick. Hope you do too ✌️

What ppm are you guys giving your plants at week 3-4 in veg? I seem to have 2 plants that are doing fine with the larger amount of ppm and 2 others that hate it. The other one seems undecided.
All of the seeds are the same genetics....do different phenos react differently to the same mount of fertilizer? If so, how do these people get away with feeding everything from 1 reservoir? Do i need to feed each plant differently?
I am guessing 500-600 ppm during weeks 3-4 in veg? Ph of 6.0 in coco?

Also regarding praying leaves. How do yall get your plants to pray? My leaves are always just normal and don't seem to react from a good waterering/feeding.

Thanks.

Last edited:
sorry, I don’t do PPM so I can’t help you there but I’ll bet your plants are not perky because they have been over watered. let those girls dry out a bit more when the pot feels light then water them again. Let them dry out before watering them each time. They dig that.

What ppm are you guys giving your plants at week 3-4 in veg? I seem to have 2 plants that are doing fine with the larger amount of ppm and 2 others that hate it. The other one seems undecided.
All of the seeds are the same genetics....do different phenos react differently to the same mount of fertilizer? If so, how do these people get away with feeding everything from 1 reservoir? Do i need to feed each plant differently?
I am guessing 500-600 ppm during weeks 3-4 in veg? Ph of 6.0 in coco?

Also regarding praying leaves. How do yall get your plants to pray? My leaves are always just normal and don't seem to react from a good waterering/feeding.

Thanks.
700 to 900. Week 3 is full veg for me where I see explosive growth. Diff phenos for sure react differently. I feed from 1 res by using the bring a long principle. I feed to the best plants ability to absorb nutes. I bring the most finicky plants along on the ride, if they make it they have to adapt, if they don't make it, my fast feeding and fast growing plants will have enough vegetation to fill the space.
I haves learned some breeders have light feeding requirements and others have very hungry plants. I won't grow those cultivar together if I can help it.
Greenhouse seeds comes to mind as a soft feeder. I tried to grow them with some humbolt gear once and burned the crap out of some super lemon Haze. Humbolt will take all the nutes you can throw but slh didn't like any ppm over 700. Live and learn.

Thanks. I did get down and lift the 2 gallon pots. They were pretty light. I just tested my runoff and it was around 1800. I got it down to about 1100. Yeah, I am guessing my coco was a bit hot since my ph runoff was perfect at 6.0. I think I gave them a too heavy dose of cal mag in the beginning with my mind thinking I needed to have a bunch of cal mag in the new coco since it comes bare.
I also did a bit of topping which will probably be my last topping. I will just LST and super crop from here to keep canopy even as possible. I am hoping for a non hermied, dense bud harvest on all of my ladies this go around.

Thanks. I did get down and lift the 2 gallon pots. They were pretty light. I just tested my runoff and it was around 1800. I got it down to about 1100. Yeah, I am guessing my coco was a bit hot since my ph runoff was perfect at 6.0. I think I gave them a too heavy dose of cal mag in the beginning with my mind thinking I needed to have a bunch of cal mag in the new coco since it comes bare.
I also did a bit of topping which will probably be my last topping. I will just LST and super crop from here to keep canopy even as possible. I am hoping for a non hermied, dense bud harvest on all of my ladies this go around.
Gan You mention coco coir
Did you buy a good brand (pre washed and loaded)
Some coco is harvested right on the beach and has a lot of sea water salts left in it and needs to be washed before use. Then loaded with calmag soak.
The cheaper bails are the ones you have to wash, most higher priced ones are washed already.

Gan You mention coco coir
Did you buy a good brand (pre washed and loaded)
Some coco is harvested right on the beach and has a lot of sea water salts left in it and needs to be washed before use. Then loaded with calmag soak.
The cheaper bails are the ones you have to wash, most higher priced ones are washed already.
I use a good brand, Mother Earth coco/perlite mix. It says you don't need to rinse online, but I will be rinsing for now on. for sure.

I use a good brand, Mother Earth coco/perlite mix. It says you don't need to rinse online, but I will be rinsing for now on. for sure.
If it says does not need it most times they did it.
I used to by Boxes of cheap bails like compressed weed bails and had to break them up while soaking and then rinse .

Latest posts

Back