Over two weeks of 12/12, stubborn SOB's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummyscurse

Reaction score
My latest attempt to grow for buds has been approached with a new set of informational tools, gathered here for the most part. This time around I let the babies grow to a nice size without my usual excessive prunning. They received over six weeks of veg, and were about 18" - 20" tall, on average, when I put them under my new, 400w HPS light. I LST'd them early on, during veg, and created a nice SOG appearrance to the crop (I'd post pics, but my only cam right now is on my cell phone). They are growing like "weeds", and look majorly healthy.

To help induce budding, I am appying Grotek "Bloom Fuel", root fed with my pre-flowering nutes, and I'm also using "Chi" (a "Rage" type, Chitosan product), foliar fed. None of the six plants, now about 2" tall is showing much in the way of those elusive "spikey hairs", though. It's almost as if they're saying, "FU, we love veg and we ain't changin' for anything"! LOL

So, my question is, for healthy, very rapidly growing plants, is 2+ weeks under 12/12 lighting, without much to suggest that the flowering stage is beginning, horribly abnormal? I have checked, and rechecked for light leaks, so that's not an issue. Just wondering what the "norm" for going from veg to flowering is? The plants are clones from known females, and the leaves alone suggest that the strain is Indica, if that makes any difference.

Be patient dude. I've had hybrids (bagseed esp.) Have the indica look, but show there sativa Ass when it comes to showin sex. Hang in there man. If no light leaks then its just a waiting game.;)
IMHO the late flowering plants tend to be better phenos than the early flowering ones.

That's reassuring, and comforting. Thankyou...

My only personal references are the two crops preceding this one. In those instances, the plants showed their precious white hairs in one week or less...same plant stock as this crop. It must have something to do with the respective ages of the plants. In both prior situations, the plants were repeatedly pruned, and both those groups of plants were at least four months in veg, before I shifted them to 12/12. Thus, although those two groups of plants were half the size of these plants (due to the pruning), they were at least twice as old as this crop, prior to going 12/12. They must have been more ready to bud, because they were significantly more mature plants...at least that's my best guess.

I tend to doubt that these plants will show Sativa traits later on. The buzz is pure "couch lock...classic Indica. I just ordered a pack of Kali Mist seeds (for that pure Sativa rush), and those will complement the White Widow seeds I already have, but have not yet sprouted. I understand that WW is a Sativa/Indica mix...is the high more Sativa in nature or Indica?

Anyway, I'll update this thread, hopefully with a pic or two, when those buggers get their flowering act together.

Hey on the WW. Bro Grunt has a smoke report on that. I'd check that out. I have heard the flavor isn't the greatest. Almost "mediciny" so I'm a flavor kinda person. So I prolly won't ever grow it.

As far as the bagseed. More than likely your getting different phenos. Due to the generation. So just be patient. I've never had two bagseeds grow the same way.

Hope to see some pics tho. :D We have a thread dedicated to the "bagseed" Love to see the different varieties people are gettin from there street bought herb. ;)

Latest posts

Back