overlap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offgrid

Reaction score
ok, this is just some crazy stuff i've been thinking.

this is my first serious grow attempt, and like anything, i start to see parallels between what i'm doing and other aspects of this life-experience i'm having. in my every-day life, i've never grown anything, much less herb. however, now that i'm doing it...actually putting into practice what i've read...all sorts of strange overlap is happening.

so i'm in japan. i don't have a car, can't read anything, can't really ask questions. i mean, i can try...and we usually get by on basic japanese with a lot of gestures thrown in...but oftentimes we're on two different wavelengths, and we just can't work it out. communication is sacred; we often take for granted how amazing it is to reach across the chasm from OUR unique perspective and point of view, and manage to touch someone else's singularity...someone else's unique perspective. we manage to share something over the great divide of space and time. makes us a little less lonely as we stand there holding our unique perspective. aaaanyway, so yeah...i'm attempting this whole thing, and the whole plant-perspective is starting to sink into me.

for instance, i more closely associated human beings with other animals. never really thought much about plants until i started studying and trying to do this. suddenly, i'm spitting out plant-analogies left and right towards my friends (who don't know what i'm doing). sure, we may be animals in body, and maybe even in our individual selves...but when we move to the social reality, we are really more like plants...or bacteria, but plants sound better. i tend to do better when i'm rooted in a culture, when i can draw "nutrients" from the culture, such as ideas, inspiration, love, understanding, support. here in japan, i guess you could say my social-deal is a bit deficient in nitrogen or something. it's hard to do pretty-much anything here.

also, in japan i don't have a car. i travel either by bicycle, train or foot. in order to gather the materials to start my grow, i had to cover a lot of distance. without a car, i was pretty much limited to the train and the distance i could conceivably walk on foot. riding in the train, i realized that transportation is like the root system of society. it's how society gets its "nutrients" like money and raw materials, it's how it moves its "glucose" energy in the form of money or labor-power. individual people are the individual cells of this plant we call society, and we can pass electrical bits of information throughout the societal plant-body. i realized how culture is like the soil we use, or the hydroponic brew, how light is the light of kindness coming from...i dunno, i guess a higher source somewhere (name it what you will), and this light is what gives us energy to continue to build and grow and learn. it really starts to get crazy...and i haven't smoked anything in a long while (which is why i started this project).

on a different message board, i found a quote i thought was interesting. "i thought i was taking the drug, but found that the drug was taking me." that's really interesting, considering the symbiotic relationship between humans and marijuana. i think i read somewhere that the indica strain has so much resin that it needs man to unstick the seeds so they can be planted. how freakin cool is that? and then, when you get into the kind of consciousness that marijuana can bring, it gets even crazier.

i'm having these amazing brain-explosions, and it was all brought about by the actual physical act of planting a seed and caring for it. almost the same way that training in a martial art is not about kicking *** (well, not completely), but about learning how to work on a higher level so that the fight never happens in the first place; it all starts with the physical act of moving.

so yeah, sorry for the long rant. this is the coffee table, i thought i'd share my ideas. as far as i'm concerned, y'all are astronauts keeping the frontier colonized in anticipation for the rest of the world to catch up. wheeeee!

peaceloveblessings
offgrid

IMG_3890-resized.jpg

holy crap. i recently started my first grow and have had the ocasional thought about seeing life as a plant growing. so i know what your saying, its deep, its true.

if only humanity would flower eh?

Latest posts

Back