Advertise On Marijuana Passion

overly extended flowering period

rhonarox

Reaction score
I am not a complete novice but it has been a long time...

I am getting very anxious. 1st time in coco in a tent. I have been struggling with mold. I think its a combination of mixing some cheap compost in one pot to make up a shortfall and perhaps aided by some stress from a little light burn. However the real issue is my babies which were selected for short flowering time. Like Shiskaberry , quoted as having a 6- 8 week flow time is now on 10 weeks . 11 if count from switch to 12/12 and still no amber tricomes. same with the others a Bubble gum and a rhino although they are quoted as a little longer.
the buds look worse than a couple weeks ago. and i am having to keep chopping out mold.. and harvesting odd bits prematurely to minimize loss.

Should i cut losses an harvest the rest now or just hold out a little longer for the amber Tricomes?

Bubbletrouble

Staff member
Reaction score
I would chop and do an Alcohol extraxtion. That way you can at least get some use out of it.
If you have mold, you have a moisture problem. Did you have air moving around in your tent?

Oldbay

Reaction score
Per the flowering times - I think that is totally normal, I’m sure if you dig through a good number of seeds you may find one that finishes faster but I think the “8 weeks” is if you get that pheno, you can have decent smoke in that time frame, but it would likely taste/effect/look better when taken longer. Just had a chat about this on another board and for those growing the best they can for personal, it’s unlikely things come down before 70 days post flip. I had the same question but as long as you keep an eye out for rot, you’ll be happy with how it goes when they are taken longer

rhonarox

Reaction score
I would chop and do an Alcohol extraction. That way you can at least get some use out of it.
If you have mold, you have a moisture problem. Did you have air moving around in your tent?
I have a good size extractor and filter that brings in good flow from the neg pressure and a small circulation fan.. Knowing now how dense the plants were going to grow i would have preferred a bigger fan but as its in its final days, not worth buying.

Latest posts