Overwintering indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaceyMc1

Reaction score
Hi All! Olive drab newbie here with a situation. I have a volunteer from my patio last summer. I say she's about ready, by the smell, the toasty colors coming on. I am questioning if I should harvest since most of the fan leaves have yellowed and fallen, the stalk is faded and red streaks are running up. She is currently in my basement, in a 24 x 24 x 7ft PVC and Mylar emergency tent enclosure with 1 full spec spot light and one led 3 spec spot, timer down to about 10 hrs or less of timed light left on this cycle. Space heat out the tent about 70-73. I have a 100x micro but have a hell of a time seeing anything through it. I can barely grow tomatoes. Someone please give me a clue!

Some use a jewelers loop, I’ve used a clip on macro lens for my iPhone...recently I bought a WiFi microscope that works with my phone...the correct way to judge ripeness though is by the shade of the trichomes...somewhere between cloudy and amber in color and you chop...you gotta be able to see in there close to tell...

eh, the plants will be dead in 2 weeks from your description of the lights. A LED spot light is not the same thing as a LED grow light

The smell and color really has nothing at all to do with whether or not they are ready. Like 2RedEyes says, you need magnification (30x or better) to determine ripeness. Also, why are you running the lights less than 10 hours? Studies have shown that plants that get 10 hour of light can produce half of what plants flowered with 12 hhours of light will produce.

Can you post up a picture?

Latest posts

Back