Pain relief will they ever figure it out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BAM!…….there it is

imma gonna error on the side of caution and continue to medicate with cannabis both orally and topically

if fact i better double down on my dosages every chance i get cause at my age i never know if it will be my last toke

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

View attachment 314205View attachment 314206View attachment 314207
Before I put my glasses on I thought the lady on top had three fingers and next to her was Roster before a haircut. That observation was made after my first initial stoning this rainy morn.....

Mornin Subie G !
Hows it going with your procedures ?
Hope all is going good.
had a bunch of pre op stuff for my upcoming kidney surgery. No date for surgery yet but probably during the holidaze…
hubby finished all his pre op stuff for his heart rhythm thing on the 5th. We are both well tho so that’s good. Trying to catch up on Christmas before all that stuff goes down. Hope you are doing well too

had a bunch of pre op stuff for my upcoming kidney surgery. No date for surgery yet but probably during the holidaze…
hubby finished all his pre op stuff for his heart rhythm thing on the 5th. We are both well tho so that’s good. Trying to catch up on Christmas before all that stuff goes down. Hope you are doing well too
I am thank you .. :)

I have a question relative to this topic...

If cannabis actually stops pain, why is it that no one can say HOW it stops pain? For example, (in very brief summary) aspirin stops pain by inhibiting your bodies ability to produce COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes. COX enzymes are instrumental and carrying pain signals to the brain. Fewer COX signals translate to less pain being realized by your brain. COX also has some control over inflammation but that's for a longer post.

Simply put, aspirin reduces pain by inhibiting the bodies ability to produce COX enzymes.

HOW (from a strictly biological perspective) does cannabis reduce pain? It seems no one can provide this answer.

I have read damn near every cannabis study on NCBI and I have not found a single study explaining exactly HOW cannabis relieves pain. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Peace,
Charlie

I have a question relative to this topic...

If cannabis actually stops pain, why is it that no one can say HOW it stops pain? For example, (in very brief summary) aspirin stops pain by inhibiting your bodies ability to produce COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes. COX enzymes are instrumental and carrying pain signals to the brain. Fewer COX signals translate to less pain being realized by your brain. COX also has some control over inflammation but that's for a longer post.

Simply put, aspirin reduces pain by inhibiting the bodies ability to produce COX enzymes.

HOW (from a strictly biological perspective) does cannabis reduce pain? It seems no one can provide this answer.

I have read damn near every cannabis study on NCBI and I have not found a single study explaining exactly HOW cannabis relieves pain. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Peace,
Charlie
I read somewhere(and I think it is a brilliant take on cannabis and pain management) that it doesn’t completely eliminate the pain but the user doesn’t care or notice the pain as much. The anti inflammatory properties of CBD is documented though and reducing inflammation will reduce pain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7023045/

Exactly. MySonTheDoctor and I have been discussing this for the last coupla minutes.

He says, "The huge number of receptors in your brain act to make it so while you feel the pain, you just don't care. It is unimportant."

The old saying comes to play
If you take your mind off of it, you will not feel it as badly.

But due to cannabis still being listed as a schedule 1 drug no one has done any real studies on it, just what cannabis is and what true benefits it may have medically one day.
They need to allow people to study the plants properties and effects correctly to really see the truth.

You don’t even need to get that high to feel the relief(in my experience).
Yep I am a microdose guy but when I was younger that wasn't the case. Allows me to control my ADHD but it's rare I overshoot and am high.

The old saying comes to play
If you take your mind off of it, you will not feel it as badly.

But due to cannabis still being listed as a schedule 1 drug no one has done any real studies on it, just what cannabis is and what true benefits it may have medically one day.
They need to allow people to study the plants properties and effects correctly to really see the truth.
That, in my experience, isn't exactly how it works and that's also exactly how it works. It allows me to manage pain but know the pain is still there. So in effect I don't care but I do care because I don't want to aggravate whatever is causing my pain.

If you aren't confused I could throw in some weird sayings

Plus Oregon State is about to release findings showing that it keeps you from getting Covid 19

I don't think the guy mentioned really ate 300 joints a month for years...

There are inhalents that go right into your lungs and help you. Decongestion, a direct medicine to your bloodstream, a whole bunch.

"...classification system lists four general categories of inhalants — volatile solvents, aerosols, gases, and nitrites..."

I'm 82. Would not have gotten this far, and in such active health** without cannabis. Being with a bag of smoke enables me to not only bear, but ignore pain that otherwise cripple me. <-- The double-plus part? Being active means I stay healthy and fit -- rather than bent over and curled up. Chalk up that status to the cannabis WIN column.

**See crossbow thread
Now go light the fukk up and enjoy.

It will make you live longer and happier and healthier.
After donating the Superior lobe of my left lung last Tuesday and what's supposed to be a pie shaped section of the top lobe of my right next month, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to smoke again. Sure hope I can. I don't smoke much. A toke or two a couple of times a week are plenty for me. Maybe I'll figure out a way to ingest it without smoking like eating it.

Maybe orally, but I'm bettin' smoking it doesn't. Anything that goes into your lungs that ain't clean air ain't good for ya.
If'n they'll give my gold teeth to the Old Hen, I'd donate mine, too.
I just watched a Good Morning America show where the doctor said smoking pot contributes to emphysema. It probably does.

After donating the Superior lobe of my left lung last Tuesday and what's supposed to be a pie shaped section of the top lobe of my right next month, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to smoke again. Sure hope I can. I don't smoke much. A toke or two a couple of times a week are plenty for me. Maybe I'll figure out a way to ingest it without smoking like eating it.
I'm sorry you have to have operations. I just had a lump of calcium taking off my arm and that really hurts. It isn't like your operation but there is still pain and recovery.

A lot of people think it is all natural, but it effects the alveoli or air sacks. It increases the risk of bullous emphysema. I'm not a doctor, that is my best answer.
I think you dont need to see warnings on a cigarette pack to know that its no good for the lungs. Weed can be so resiney and more of a thicker smoke at least to me.

Latest posts

Back