Paper towel method

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkbkr102

Reaction score
To germinate my seeds, I freeze them for 24 hours, then I soak them in water for half an hour. After that I place them in a paper towel that is soaked in high nitrogen water. I place this paper towel on a plate, put a bowl upside down over it and then place it on a heating pad on low. I have a very good rate of germination with this method, but I am always looking for new, effective ways. Any ideas?

KB i see you are back and active again ha ??
nice to have you back bro

brouli said:
KB i see you are back and active again ha ??
nice to have you back bro

yeah im back to stay no more going away for half a year
tomuch stuff has happened sence then like what happened
to mutt oh my god not to be like a baby but i ohmost cryed
man mutt was the one that made me feel welcome on this
forum how could that happen to him

Opencountry said:
Ive heard of freezing seeds for a couple of weeks,but not for mj
Same here. I was wondering if he knew something I haven't heard. Lot's of seeds use the freeze to break their outter shell for a springtime germination. I know I've read of many of them. I might have to try some testing...

do i have to soak my seeds in water ? before putting them in paper towels
? I didnt soak my bagseed and they seemed to sprout in just over 72 hours i saw some taproots. I purchased some feminized Skunk69 strain from a local seedbank and i already put them just in papertowels, is that gonna affect my germ time ? since i didnt soak them?

man its all depend on a strain i belive couse i just got order from DR.CHronic i put them in cup os water and 16 hours later the 2 out of 4 sproud
there is no 100% efective way on germinating different strains

If your looking for a new method, the way i like to do it is by putting your seed in a normal glass of water for 2 days(perferably in a dark location). Then put them in a wet paper towel, place it inside a plastic container for another 2 days and they are ready to go. I actualy left some seeds in the towel for 3 days and the damn roots got so long they grew through the towel and i broke one of them while unfolding it.

i used just the paper towel method inside a bag next to a heater and they tapped in less than 16 hours.. its not a good strain tho

The seeds in a jar method is good too if you've got old seeds you're not sure about. After 24 hrs, the sinkers are live, floaters mostly dead. Or is it the other way around? No I'm pretty sure. The sinkers have soaked up moisture into the embryo adding weight to sink them while with the floaters, they have already dried up and done died. So they float. Probably won't see this on Letterman though.

Im not so sure about that bob. I put 20 seeds in a jar and when i chekced some were still floating and i planted them all and they seem to be doing very nice.

Latest posts

Back