paranoid or mellow!! MSN POT HEALTH??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SKAGITMAGIC said:

According to Bhattacharyya's team, it's long been noted that cannabis can prompt the onset of psychotic symptoms, such as paranoia and/or delusional thinking, among otherwise healthy people.

"A number of studies have (also) clearly shown that regular marijuana or cannabis use in vulnerable individuals is associated with increased risk of developing psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia, where one loses contact with reality," Bhattacharyya said.

I take issue with a lot of what is in that article and I only read the beginning....:) Smoking MJ has never given me a delusional thought or feeling...and it might be new to them but I think most of us already knew there is more to MJ's effects then just THC. :confused:

"What we're talking about here is the kind of perception, in this case prompted by marijuana, that leads a person to think that other people who are just talking in the subway are all actually talking about him," he noted. "Or people who are just tipping their hat for no reason are actually doing so specifically about him.

Even in my most paranoid state I have never confused peoples conversations as conversations directed at me or about me. Who did they test? first time smokers?

I rode thew Bart Train in Oakland on opening day high on LSD and never had them kinda problems, I guess smoking cannibus mellows me out, that's my motive for smoking it, it lays me back, and makes me feel good, otherwise I wouldn't smoke it!! I've got a friend who claims smokin weed makes him paranoid of everything!!! the're out to get him!!! He's a really cool friend, rides a harley, fishes, hangs out etc., he just doesn't smoke weed anymore, no problem. I saw at the bottom of the page more weed related links,
I also see Washington State voters are kinda backpeddleing on the legalization of cannibus, bummer, at least the polls claim that!!

Skag, this is going to be interesting. The medical patients don't want the blood tests for nano amounts of thc. Which I definitely understand. I would bet my blood test would be over the amount they say is safe to drive, on any given day. What do you think?

Every time I smoke pot now, I slip into a deep delusional state with terrifying paranoia, anxiety, out of body sensations. I did, however, go through intense benzodiazepine withdrawals less than a year ago which was the catalyst to these mental states.

I'm taking a long break from my beloved maryJane because I can't keep putting myself through that terror, into those states. I do not blame weed and never will, but the potential for problems is clearly there.

ANyone with sound mind and body shouldn't worry.

I recommend anyone who experiences paranoia uses those moments as a learning opportunity. Program yourself to handle it, by planning ahead of time, techniques such as breath control, positive visualization, and rational reasoning.

Grow your own, and get in tune your body.

King Bud... I agree, it is a solid oppurtunity to tune in and learn the power of the mind and body, but for some people such as myself... it runs much deeper than self control.

My point is... psychotropic drugs, weed included, have powerful effects on the mind and ignoring potential cons only hurts any arguments that support the pros.

You're right, it can definitely play a part in people feeling overwhelmed or paranoid; I should have acknowledged that more before, cause it's true.

I was trying to make the point that I think it's hard to distinguish between whether marijuana makes people paranoid, or if the person was already subconsciously paranoid, and marijuana just amplified their senses and other aspects of their being.

I've experience paranoia while high; I completely attribute it to being around evil people. I'd imagine criminals were spying on me, and plotting to hurt me; I knew this was paranoia. What was happening was that supposed friends were trying to damage me by spreading secrets and lies behind my back, not to mention other betrayals. :fid:

In dreams, we subconsciously use symbols to create deeper understanding. Like with good therapy, I think marijuana can bring temporarily disturbing knowledge into awareness, which better allows us to identify how to behave.

Rosebud said:
Skag, this is going to be interesting. The medical patients don't want the blood tests for nano amounts of thc. Which I definitely understand. I would bet my blood test would be over the amount they say is safe to drive, on any given day. What do you think?

There's no doubt , I'd be found impaired by bloodtest even through I'd consider myself straight!!! It could get crazy,

Paranoid smoke a Indy. Skagit I hope this one dont pass. There is more then on out there people just dont look into things enough before they sign. Just tell them your going to make it leagle and they sign. when they find out what they just signed I hope there scratching there head saying ***?

Doesn't it also say that the "state" will provide the pot? Where are they getting it?

Our state grow apples. Ill grow my weed.

ive smoked weed for 25 yrs almost every day. some indicas make me paranoid. could be the grower, putting bad stuff in there. i mad bubble a few months ago and have been smoking that & no weed. i dont get paranoid, no saggy face & no super red eyes. it gets me just as f&^%. i prob need a break, lol

i think that someone thats already diagnosed as paranoid schizaphrenic before hand, then smokes weed, that intensifies that term. same with many illnesses. weed isnt the cure all for everyone...hell, i have to take pain meds still on occasion no matter how much weed i smoke...there are some pains that are life changing...

"A number of studies have (also) clearly shown that regular marijuana or cannabis use in vulnerable individuals is associated with increased risk of developing psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia, where one loses contact with reality," Bhattacharyya said.

We're not talking the same effect for everyone, I have seen people who simply cannot handle weed! Seems like a reasonable statement to me.

Latest posts

Back