passing a drug test and smoke the day before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great post smoof. i might be taking a test in a couple of weeks, i'm not sure. i ate some weed cookies last weekend but i haven't smoked in a couple months. would it be in my system longer because i ingested it instead of smoking it?

SmokeSum330 said:
great post smoof. i might be taking a test in a couple of weeks, i'm not sure. i ate some weed cookies last weekend but i haven't smoked in a couple months. would it be in my system longer because i ingested it instead of smoking it?

Hey smokesum330! thanks for taking the time to read my post! Anyways, seeing that you are an occasional smoker like myself. i believe that you will be clean seeing that you haven't smoked in the months prior to when you ate the cookies. also if your test is in a couple of weeks this will give you more than enough time to exercise and flush your system. prior to the test though, quit exercising(quit exercising a week before the test to be on the safe side). and if your test is random just start being active and exercising a.s.a.p. and sweat alot! do cardio. do whatever makes your heart beat, which then burns off the fat cells excreting the THC.

Just stay active and drink the recommended 8 cups of water a day(give or take) and you should be in the clear. as for eating and smoking, and the concern you have for it staying in your system longer. dont worry, im pretty sure that its all the same. it enters your body one way or another so its still saturating the fat cells with THC.

Just ABSTAIN from smoking till your test.. worst thing ever is to smoke and then worry your head off about when your test is. Hope my advice helps bro! peace and love.

Sincerely,
Smoof_One

Alright so if I eat like 5 of those little Jello snack packs a half hour before it, would I be okay?

I dont agree necissarily with the whole surgel idea but if it flushes your system well enough then i dont see a problem with it. but im afraid to say that if you take a lab test then the lab personal are gonna know whats up and make you re-test, until you give a perfect accurate sample. either that or you will end up having to take a blood test.

thats my 2 cents.

Smoof, interested in more info where you got it in particular. Searched that website you posted but have neglected to see anything Reputable, reviewed, if you know what I mean, the facts you have posted are scientific facts but did you gather this info on that website? I am very interested, thanks

bmello said:
Smoof, interested in more info where you got it in particular. Searched that website you posted but have neglected to see anything Reputable, reviewed, if you know what I mean, the facts you have posted are scientific facts but did you gather this info on that website? I am very interested, thanks

Well bmello if you go to this link.....http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing.shtml you will see that at the bottom of the page there is a bibliography of where this person got their facts. Erowid is a VERY reputable site! There info is accurate and informative. as for you not seeing the noticalbe research behind it i dont know what to say other than browse around the site and click on the links and dig deeper into the knowledge that is presented before you.

also try these links.. all of them have tons of info waiting to be revealed. it took me a while to find alot of it cuz its not really on a linear basis. you kinda have to look for it.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_faq.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_testing.shtml

if you have any further questions i'd be more than happy to help you find what your looking for.

Yes I tried to contact the person who wrote it but was unable to find him at the university or anywhere...as for the rest, I don't know if I want to spend the time searching for their reputable resources when I can't find the author...:cool:

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff is facts, like cut offs/confirms, or the kind of drugs tested for what and how they are tested, people don't even know that meth is tested under a different category than amphetamines...but that stuff could be found anywhere, I am just wondering about the other facts that need to be substantiated...:confused:

bmello said:
I am just wondering about the other facts that need to be substantiated...:confused:

what facts? most of the facts stated on erowid and affiliates are reputable and carry some knowledge. most info that is bullshit...well is bullshit and you can pick that info out. but the other info is pretty straight up and obvious. what exactly are you questioning bmello. give me a link or a sentence or something....so i can help you more.

6. PRODUCING CLEAN URINE
THC is fat soluble, and it gets stored in your fat cells. Cleaning it out of your lipid tissue is very difficult. Many herbal products claim to clean out your system, yet they do nothing to remove THC byproducts from fat cells. A study was done in Germany in 1993 on 50 of the most common herbs used by people trying to pass the test. All 50 herbs failed to cause a negative. Unfortunately, this rumor will not die. Goldenseal (plant) is useless; yet it's the most common thing for people to use. The only way to extract THC from fat cells is to exercise (5.8). Fat cells secrete fat with THC metabolites at a constant rate, regardless of what herbs you consume. You may be able to temporarily clean THC metabolites from your bloodstream, or dilute your fluids to yield a larger urine/THC ratio, but your bloodstream will continue collecting THC metabolites from fat. Your urine will continue collecting THC metabolites from your bloodstream.

Yes this sounds plausible, but he did not refer who did the test in Germany...exercise is the best but he does refer to a very important fact later that I stress but I don't see much of it here on the forum, watch your exercising, and you must be an avid exerciser for this to work...

6.1 Dilution: Hyper saturating your body with fluids will dilute metabolites possibly below the 50 ng/mL threshold, depending on your metabolism. Be aware that creatinine levels are often tested, and will show that the sample has been diluted. Diluting your sample will also produce clear urine, with virtually no yellow color. They will assume that you've diluted your sample, and they may reject your sample on the basis of color alone. It's only necessary to start drinking just before the test. Those who drown themselves in fluid days before a test are only causing unnecessary discomfort. Those who stay up all night drinking don't have any better chance than one who drinks heavily first thing in the morning. Get up early if the test is early, but don't lose sleep over a test that's given in the daytime.

Creatnine level has to be more than 20 mg. Specific gravity has to be greater than 1.003. I have seen urine look like water and go through a SAMHSA cerified lab and pass, color is not an issue. I have also seen non-certified labs give false positives for these situations because they do what they want because they are not certified and regularly inspected like a SAMHSA certified lab.

6.2.5 Certa or Certo: This is an untested diuretic. Certa "has something to do with canning. Some people swear by it. Trouble is, it's always somebody else, a third party not present during the conversation, who uses it" (Pearson). I've heard rumors about people who smoked right up to the day before the test, consumed fruit pectin (a canning substance similar to Certa), and passed the test. However, there hasn't been any tests to validate those claims. Will someone with a lab at their disposal please test this stuff?

Interesting on this due to the fact, if I am correct, isn't this the same stuff as SureGel? I may be wrong...

6.8 Exercise: Athletes have a big advantage over normal civilians. When fat is burned, THC byproducts are released into the blood. This is the only way to get THC metabolites out of lipid tissue. "Normal living will burn them slowly, as your fat reserves get turned over" (Dr. Grow). Due to an athletes high metabolic rate, THC moves through an athletes system significantly faster. Exercising between drug tests will clean THC metabolites from the system at a faster rate, thus lowering the detection period. It is important to stop burning fat cells near test time. On test day, it doesn't matter what's in your lipid tissue. What's in your blood and urine does matter. Exercise increases the amount of THC metabolites in the urine; so quit exercising a week before the test. Be lazy, and eat big. This will put the body in an anabolic fat-storing stage. At this point, the "buried" THC metabolites won't escape and go the the urine. There are drugs that will increase metabolism the way exercise does, but these are the same drugs that they are usually testing for. Exercise should only be considered when the subject knows that he or she will not be given a pop quiz in the near future.

Again, this process needs to be stressed because I don't think everyone is an avid exerciser and may back fire on them...

11. IF YOU FAIL
If you fail the test, raise hell. Failing the drug test has been known to make a quiet person go ballistic. You will be interviewed by a medical review official (MRO), who would try to find out why you tested positive. MRO's are NOT impartial. An MRO is an employee of the lab, and is there for quality control. They are also there to protect the lab by coercing the court into thinking that the person who failed is a drug abuser. "Anything you say to an MRO can and will be used against you" (RDW). If you fight it, your lawyer "can subpoena the proficiency testing records of the laboratory for review" (anon1). These questions should be asked about the lab you are challenging:
How does the lab handle samples? Are they NIDA/CAP certified? Do they participate in appropriate proficiency testing? Whay is their track records in the proficiency testing program? Have they ever failed a proficiency test? What are the qualifications of the technical staff performing the test? What technologies do they use to screen and confirm?

NIDA tests are now SAMHSA tests and are tested under the strictest guidlines due to the fact that the people that fall under these guidlines have constitutional rights. The only labs that are allowed to do these tests are inspected semi-annually and must follow strict guidlines. Also, an MRO is a doctor and works for himself, they do not work for the lab, and what would the lab and/or MRO benefit with a positive test? You can go to the SAMHSA website and find certified labs and ones that got their certification taken away. The paper trail does not go away because of chain of custodies that follow every drug test collected. All of these procedures are in place to protect the donor (person taking drug test). I personally would trust these outfits more than a half-ass lab that will give any result they want, and those are the ones that need to be watched...Unfortunatly, employers will use these crappy labs because they are cheaper than certified labs, and I personally would want to work for someone that drug tests their employees due to the fact that I could be working around someone who might kill me because they have a substance abuse problem, that is my constitutional right. i only wish that pot was not on the schedule 1 list and that does need to change and the way of testing for it needs to change because of the way it metabolizes in the system.

13. POLITICS AND ETHICS OF DRUG TESTING
He kept this short, so will I: He states that it is unconstitutional for people to be drug tested, as long as they are aware of the effects of the drug. I am a pot smoker and did alot more than pot in my early years. Because of this, I started working with kids because of the drug problem we have. Do research and find out how many babies are born addicted to meth...is that responsible drug use? Is it constitutional for the baby who has no choice? Who is going to pay for the baby's welfare? I have yet to have seen the majority users of meth have total control of the drug...

These are my questions and opinions, you asked, I will now get down from my soapbox...I think that people do not have to spend alot of money to buy products that don't work, but everday juices as a part of a daily ritual, along with exercise and plenty of water helps to speed the washing away of toxins from one's body. I don't discount your advice on exercise, it is an important part of the regimine, but I always believe in plan B's and don't put all your eggs in one basket. I believe that if one smokes pot and knows they will be tested, they plan ahead and do their best to ensure that they will pass. Have a great day!!! :cool:

bmello said:
1.Yes this sounds plausible, but he did not refer who did the test in Germany...exercise is the best but he does refer to a very important fact later that I stress but I don't see much of it here on the forum, watch your exercising, and you must be an avid exerciser for this to work...

2.Creatnine level has to be more than 20 mg. Specific gravity has to be greater than 1.003. I have seen urine look like water and go through a SAMHSA cerified lab and pass, color is not an issue. I have also seen non-certified labs give false positives for these situations because they do what they want because they are not certified and regularly inspected like a SAMHSA certified lab.

3.Interesting on this due to the fact, if I am correct, isn't this the same stuff as SureGel? I may be wrong...

4.Again, this process needs to be stressed because I don't think everyone is an avid exerciser and may back fire on them...

5.NIDA tests are now SAMHSA tests and are tested under the strictest guidlines due to the fact that the people that fall under these guidlines have constitutional rights. The only labs that are allowed to do these tests are inspected semi-annually and must follow strict guidlines. Also, an MRO is a doctor and works for himself, they do not work for the lab, and what would the lab and/or MRO benefit with a positive test? You can go to the SAMHSA website and find certified labs and ones that got their certification taken away. The paper trail does not go away because of chain of custodies that follow every drug test collected. All of these procedures are in place to protect the donor (person taking drug test). I personally would trust these outfits more than a half-ass lab that will give any result they want, and those are the ones that need to be watched...Unfortunatly, employers will use these crappy labs because they are cheaper than certified labs, and I personally would want to work for someone that drug tests their employees due to the fact that I could be working around someone who might kill me because they have a substance abuse problem, that is my constitutional right. i only wish that pot was not on the schedule 1 list and that does need to change and the way of testing for it needs to change because of the way it metabolizes in the system.

5.He kept this short, so will I: He states that it is unconstitutional for people to be drug tested, as long as they are aware of the effects of the drug. I am a pot smoker and did alot more than pot in my early years. Because of this, I started working with kids because of the drug problem we have. Do research and find out how many babies are born addicted to meth...is that responsible drug use? Is it constitutional for the baby who has no choice? Who is going to pay for the baby's welfare? I have yet to have seen the majority users of meth have total control of the drug...

These are my questions and opinions, you asked, I will now get down from my soapbox...I think that people do not have to spend alot of money to buy products that don't work, but everday juices as a part of a daily ritual, along with exercise and plenty of water helps to speed the washing away of toxins from one's body. I don't discount your advice on exercise, it is an important part of the regimine, but I always believe in plan B's and don't put all your eggs in one basket. I believe that if one smokes pot and knows they will be tested, they plan ahead and do their best to ensure that they will pass. Have a great day!!! :cool:
1. contact erowid with the specific reference you are arguing and they should get back to you. but i agree that if you are overwieght and/or obese then exercising isnt going to do it for you. also if you do exercise before a test you should stop exercising 2-3 days before you are tested so your body wont excrete any more thc than nessisary

2. eating red meat prior to your test will increase your creatinine lvls. so even if you urine is diluted it will pass. i agree but when i am typing about this i am refering specificly to certified labs. labs that deal with probation and drug offenses. i have been put through the ringer with being on probation myself and i know what they do and dont do. I've been there when they told my creatinine lvls were wack and that my urine was too clear, or the gravitiy wasnt right!

3. i believe you are right on this fruit pectin is a derivative of sure-gel...

4. again these crappy labs are not what im talking about. i do know that they exist but they are less likely to put up a fight over a false positive. so if hell is raised they may back down and ask for another test, thus going through a more accurate lab...possibly.

5. politics surrounding drug tests are irrelivant to this discussion cuz it deals with passing a drug test, not trying to change legislation. i believe drug testing i a violation of the 5th admendment but thats my own opinion. the only thing we can do is write to our congress men/women and raise debate on this issue.

Well do you know how to get ahold of this guy because I believe that is how this conversation started, I have tried and all emails are kicked back and don't exist. No not all probation departments use certified labs, I know because I use to work for one. You asked me the discrepencies I had with this website, I included all the discrepencies I had with this website, so why isn't the politics relevant? It shows me that someone is being biased when they include their views and opinions, hence is everything they are saying to be believe?

You opinion is your opinion, I accept it, may not agree with it, that is the point correct? Do I think everything you say is disagreeable to me? No, but anything I don't agree with I would ask you to back up with facts to then decide if I change my opinion. My opinion is based on what facts I have found to be substantiated by peer/reviewed writings, meaning that they have substantial backing on their facts. All I have found on this guys website is the same stuff I have found in scientific writings on the government websites, the rest is just opinion. I may be a skeptic with this guys website, but I need more to believe.

This is how I feel and I am not dinging anyone who chooses to believe in this guy, the info he provides that are scientific facts can be found easily anywhere, but the rest, I just think should warrant more value. My opinion...:cool:

Ok...we're getting alittle to far off topic so I'm just gonna say this. If you dont think erowid is a substantial place for some accurate info dont use, simple. but i've been to other drug sites and they dont even compare to erowid in the amount of knowledge and info about the drugs. some of it may be opinion and some of it may be biased but you have to sift through that. there will never be an pure accurate way of cleansing THC from your system other than abstanance and time. thank you!

so im kinda new to this whole deal in general. ive smoked it twice ever haha. once at the end of june and once this past weekend. i just got hit with a surprise drug screening for one of the next two days. i only had a few hits on sunday morning (5-6 total?), would it be enough to show up positive? since i dont know potency or my metabolism and what not, say its average.

I just want to thank Cincy Boy for his jello-o idea. My husband had failed two pre-employment drug-tests. He is a heavy user. The first test we tried one of those supposed "not to fail" drinks. What a bunch of **!!! The second time we tried the vinegar drink and cranberry juice. Did not work!!!. That is when I went on-line an came across this web-site. We tried your jello drink and followed your steps. Guess what he passed and has the job!!!! So I want to say again, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!:D

ajjazz0627 said:
I just want to thank Cincy Boy for his jello-o idea. My husband had failed two pre-employment drug-tests. He is a heavy user. The first test we tried one of those supposed "not to fail" drinks. What a bunch of **!!! The second time we tried the vinegar drink and cranberry juice. Did not work!!!. That is when I went on-line an came across this web-site. We tried your jello drink and followed your steps. Guess what he passed and has the job!!!! So I want to say again, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!:D

I have questions, is he still smoking and did he ever stop? Is he a big man? Does he exercise regularly? Does he have a fast metabolism? How long has he been a heavy user? If you don't mind, I am very curious as are some others on this forum.

Also, to let you know, cranberry only helps and aids in the cleansing of someone who has stopped smoking, and the vinegar is about as bad as kids taking chlorine, not good at all, but the sure jel is something that people seem to be getting positive results on so congrats for you :cool:

bmello,

My husband is 5' 9" he is about 150 lbs. As for exercising regularly he doesn't do much but smoke and drink. He could eat anything and doesn't gain a pound (I hate that!!) so he must have a fast metabolism. He has been a smoker on and off since the age of 16 he is now 42. Recently he has been smoking pretty heavily about 8 times a day (by himself). He could go through an oz. of weed in about 2 days.

He knew he was going to have to take a drug test for this new company so he stopped, I believe it was about 2 wks since he last smoked. The other two times he was tested he smoked up till the night of the test. The only thing that came up on the most recent test was a high sugar count. He had to speak to someone about proper diet and all that.

Hope this helps :)

i had to take a drug test for probation yesterday. i have takin about 6 tests so far and all i did was drink about 4 liters of water and waited to pee white, then went and took the test. all has been good! but yesterday i did the same thing and rode my bike about 5 miles in 90 degree heat and by the time i got there i was sweating pretty bad.when i pee'd it was somewhat yellow. do u think a failed? last time i smoked was 5 days ago. please help!!

ajjazz0627 said:
bmello,

My husband is 5' 9" he is about 150 lbs. As for exercising regularly he doesn't do much but smoke and drink. He could eat anything and doesn't gain a pound (I hate that!!) so he must have a fast metabolism. He has been a smoker on and off since the age of 16 he is now 42. Recently he has been smoking pretty heavily about 8 times a day (by himself). He could go through an oz. of weed in about 2 days.

He knew he was going to have to take a drug test for this new company so he stopped, I believe it was about 2 wks since he last smoked. The other two times he was tested he smoked up till the night of the test. The only thing that came up on the most recent test was a high sugar count. He had to speak to someone about proper diet and all that.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you much it does help, happy for your husbands success...:cool:

Latest posts

Back