Past Hermie growers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepower

Reaction score
ok so i decided to carry on my 2nd grow after 1 of them turned hermies, once i weeded out 8 males out of 13 plants that were on veg for a month i replanted 8 more to take the place of the guys so i had 2 stages of growing in the samer light cycle (12/12). so when one of them turned hermie it scrfewed up my first batch and i ended up chopping them down way too early, so of course the second batch got pollenised and has seeds, well i have lots of extra time so i pretty much deseeded most of the plants pretty good and see some with some rich pistils coming out.
Question is, the one plant that turned hermie on me is also started to grow pollen sacks again within the same buds that pistils are coming out, now if i let those sacks grow again and leave the plant there, would the new pollen stop the other plants flowering stage again and start all over? or those the plant only get pollenised once no matter how many times it gets pollen thru its flowering cycle?

Firepower said:
Question is, the one plant that turned hermie on me is also started to grow pollen sacks again within the same buds that pistils are coming out, now if i let those sacks grow again and leave the plant there, would the new pollen stop the other plants flowering stage again and start all over? or those the plant only get pollenised once no matter how many times it gets pollen thru its flowering cycle?

A little confused on your question.
But if you leave the hermi plant in there it will pollenate any unpollenated female buds, either hermi or true female, it will all be seeds.

Pollen does not stop the flowering stage, only starts seed prodution in the forming buds.

But once pollenated its pollenated, and 0nce 90% of the plant is pollenated THC production is dramaticly reduced.

Think of it like this, If you pork your Ole lady and she gets pregnant (pollenated), and you keep porking her she is still pregnant.

Hope that helps.

the rest of the ladies already started seeding 3-4 weeks ago so everything got pollenated inside the cab, so when the hermie starts to pollenise again, does that means more seed production will start on the remaining buds of the rest of the plants already flowering, right?

lmao growdude,that is telling it like it is,lol gotta love it

i think the more pollen they recieve the more seeds you'll get. i would scrap the hermie if it were me

Cool, i was under the impresssion that the actual plant was the one being pollenated and not the individual bud sites, Thanks guys.. :aok:

now this is an assumtion but i think each pistil can collect pollen and then it retract and produces a seed. i could be way wrong hopeful someone will correct me if i am..

slowmo77 said:
now this is an assumtion but i think each pistil can collect pollen and then it retract and produces a seed. i could be way wrong hopeful someone will correct me if i am..

Your not wrong.

You can buy reverse from Dutchmasters. However I only recommend that you use it if it is your only plant. It is effective but nothing is 100% (well besides death and taxes).

Latest posts

Back