Patience is a virtue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
I have two strains in flower (not sure exactly how long, because I havent exactly been meticulous with dates, record keeping, etc.) that seem to be taking quite some time for the trichromes to amber up. I'm growing in soil, strains are haze and zombie, grown in happy frog with foxfarm nutes, with plenty of lumens from HPS and MH and Flouros. Been running lights at 12-12 since flower. Is there anything I can do to help expedite the trichromes turning amber, such as cut the lights down to 8-16, or maybe with my nutes? Started flushing last week, and buds are nice and meaty and way frosty....just wondering why trichs seem to be taking so long to turn. All the heads are uniformly cloudy, with just a few amber, and it doesnt seem to be turning much more amber, or if so, at a very slow rate. Thnx for any feedback!

sounds ready to me, give it another week if you want.

No, just be patient. Plants will finish when they're ready, don't be tempted to cut early!! Personally though, I usually harvest around all cloudy, about 20% amber...sounds like you're close if not there!!

growdude beat me to it....right on!

BTW....I and many here don't flush, we feed right up until harvest. You're starving the gals at a time they really need food! IMHO

I havent been on here for a while, but the last time I was flushing was all the rage. Do you notice a big diff in taste/yield with the no flush technique?

I've never flushed, but can tell you the taste of my product is outstanding!! It's what many around here use as a benchmark for judging all. :) Really cool, since I just started.

Friend-of-a-friend said:
I havent been on here for a while, but the last time I was flushing was all the rage. Do you notice a big diff in taste/yield with the no flush technique?

I hve not noticed a difference in taste with no flush....imo the taste and burn is mostly dependent on the cure or lack there of. jmo

I have to say i personally think patience is a curse.
Lol
T4

Latest posts

Back