Pax 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyran

Reaction score
I bought a new Pax 3 for vaping concentrates but , I wish I just bought an e-nail. It works pretty well for dry herb but for oils it is just to much trouble.

Great for dry herbs but not really made for oils as it doesn't get hot enough and is very messy!

I looked at one at a local vape shop. Rather expensive, but came with a grinder. On Youtube it does show a blue tooth enabled app that lets you regulate the temp. I cannot believe that as hot as it can get that it is not hot enough for oils like e-juice concentrates. ref:

How well does it work for dry flowers? Is there any harshness and coughing like I get with some of my cartridges? (newbie just been vaping around 5 weeks.)

The Pax is a great lil head changer... its smooth and once you know what side to "sip" off of it will do herb Justice.
I have not tried any of the attachments but for flower, the Ability to Control the Temp from an app is the only side I can see being an Issue because its a Solid device with funky charging system but you can pack it and go and not worry because the thing will heat up with power to Get ya there.

I've used the Pax 3 for some time now. I REALLY like the thing. I use the 1/2 pack oven cover as it is just me that uses it, and I find it is better to do a few uses over a couple or 3 days and then when there is little "smoke" or little effects, I merely use the provided tool to scrape out the spend herb and put in some fresh. I love how I can control the temp pretty precisely with the Android Blue Tooth phone app.

I tried the attachment for the concentrate and it works as it should. I used a press to make up some rosin and tried some of that in the PAX 3 . It has a different flavor profile than that which you get when just using dry cannabis herb. A little more difficult to deal with in regards to cleaning up afterwards, but a good soak in some 95 % high proof ethyl alcohol does wonders. Also using EtOH on the pipe cleaners sent along goes a long way to cleaning the tube and also some EtOH on a cotton swab is great for the insdies of the oven, the screen and around the covering.

I must say it is VERY economical in the mileage you get off one gram of cannabis. When you smoke in a pipe, bong, or rolled up, there is a certain amount of cannabis that goes up in smoke before you get a chance to get all the goodies out of it. With the PAX 3 it is only what you are drawing at the moment and the moment you are done simply push the power button and turn it off for the next session. Like I said, I get 2 to 4 sessions, not on the same day, with a loading of a 1/2 pack oven which is only about .17 gram compared to .35g. for the full oven load.

The charger is rather unique in that you use USB on the power end and then there are 2 points that are magnetic that automatically align to the charge points on the outside of the PAX 3 on the one side. Easy to charge, and appears to last quite a while.

Had a Pax 3, gave it to my son as I like the Solo II a lot better. Do believe the Solo II does a much better job on dry herb, very economical.

Latest posts

Back