pc grow box! need help with seedlings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i made pc grow box and my seedlings are very VERY small and they are planted on 23. July.
the first leafs are curling down and turning brown, second set of 3 leafs have just grown a little to notice them easy but growing very slowly!
whats the main reason for that? some advices maybe would help!

my setup is pc grow box with 2x 12" computer fans (one on bottom for cool fresh air and on the top exhaust), 2x 6500k CFL spiral 25w and 1x 11w CFL with tube look like. i also placed cup of water for moisture and i have regular thermometer (optimum temperature is around 25-27° Celsius = 77-81° Fahrenheit.
watered for every second day, on 18/6 cycle, veg. stage.

what are the reasons for that? they are very small and are kinda fast drying but growing very slowly.

ps. to mention, those are just random strains from bag of weed and the same ones are growing outdoor (in a room environment) just fine.

thanks upfront!

im a first time indoor grower and new here but i would stay and be part of this great community! please help me with this! thanks! :)

Stretch is caused by either being too far from the bulbs, or not enough lumens or both.

welocome to the forum! :ciao: :joint4:

Pictures would be a big help, it could be a number of things based on what you have said. What kind of soil are they being grown in, have you fertilized them yet? Watering every other day could be too much depending on how much water you are giving them. I wish you luck with the grow.
-SSF

I don't mean to be discouraging to you but growing in a PC case is one of the most challenging situations to grow in as the environment is so subject to any changes in the outer atmosphere and the inner atmosphere gives little room for error of any type. I would be willing to bet that the bulbs are too hot for them and the lumens too low, or having that level of heat combined with the rapidly moving air to keep them cool is causing them to dry out so that they are losing moisture too fast to do much growing. Soil nutes could also be an issue that is combining with other issues.

I hope they pull through for you as that is a challenge. Green Mojo :)

ok, here are the pics, sorry for lower quality they are taken with phone camera.

you can see my set up and my plants but i really don't know what to do.

now, you see how they curled down and are kinda retarded, i don't wanna my children to be retarded! :D

im watering them every second day with just much water for soil to be wet not drenched.

im not a first time grower so i know some basics but this is my first indoor grow with pc grow box so i need some help! please!

21082012064.jpg

21082012062.jpg

21082012065.jpg

21082012069.jpg

i bought a bag of soil for flowers but i don't know how to translate from my language, sorry, but the soil is not such a big deal because i already planted and had great results so the soil is not the problem, im 100% sure! :)

growweedforneed said:
ok, here are the pics, sorry for lower quality they are taken with phone camera.

Be extremely careful with phone cameras. Many of them include a GPS location of where the photo was taken. There was a story recently where a Burger King employee took a picture of someone standing on the lettuce the restaurant was about to serve. He put the photo online and people quickly figured out which Burger King it was taken at because of the GPS picture location information.
As far as the plants go I am not sure. I would say the soil is a problem based solely on the way it looks but I am not sure since you said you have used it before. If it isn't the soil then it is probably a ph issue.

-SSF

To add to SSF thing about.. if your using tap water it has chlorine in it... that could be messing with your plants if you dont let it set out 24hrs to evap the chlorine. I'm not exactly sure what chlorine does to plants but our pool water killed nearly all of our flowers when a tropical storm came through and over flowed our pool this summer.

There should be an option to turn off geo-tagging if you're on an android phone. Least I did with mine. Its still safer to use a camera so its not being sent from your exact phone ID.

i diddnt see any perlite in the soil, maybe its not draining good

:yeahthat: Not much aeration going on w/o perlite for that matter.

ok, so the water is not the problem because i use filtered water :D
the soil is good because, as i said, i used it already and it turned out great.
as for perlite in the soil im not worried because i didn't squeezed the soil so the root is free to run everywhere it want's to, so automatically i don't need perlite because the draining is fine.

what i found out is that maybe the problem is the heat, because my room is in the sun since 1pm 'till 7pm and you guys know that's the hottest time of the day. i placed one more 8" fan to blow cooler air on the plant's, time will tell next step if that was the problem!

ps. i turned off the gps on my phone, im not that much stupid! :D

pps. im thankful to all you guys! keep helping me if you know what's going on! thanks upfront! :)

Dude dont water them until you can stick your finger down in the soil and feel it is dry and your pot is lighter weight and put somekind of plant food or **** or something even Miracle Grow.It sure as heck aint gonna hurt them. we cant get the fancy creme that martha stewart uses so we use what we can get and afford or obtain naturally.but wait until some of that moisture dries up before you add any water.

It would be better if you could elevate them towars the light to about an inch also.You can also cultivate the soil around the plant to help it dry out a little faster.Smaller plants in bigger pots tend to have more problems with moisture because the small root system uses only tiny amounts of moisture.

Seedlings dont need food to start out till those first leaves yellow and fall off. BUT seeing as they are nearing two months a light nute feed might help. As you water your soil it will compress itself and it may look like draining is working great but the inside of that soil could not be releasing that water as good as you think and water logging your little plants. Perlite will help draining soo much more, and if I am thinking right it will help airation(sp).

Edit: Yeah perlite helps with aeration it was stated above kinda lol... duh :doh:

yea your right Silver.I just go buy the old gardening way and feed a light dose when the true leaves appear.I believe true pot leaves will be the ones with more than one blade.I have never burned up a single seedling or clone this way and it gives them a better head start Try it on the weakest one you have and you will quickly see it catch up or pass the others up.

I know miracle grow sucks but i have been using it for gardening with it since the beginning.I usually let the soil feed untill i see that they are growing slow or turning yellow and hit them with a dose.I also use MG potting soil and MG plant food together.I just dont feed until after they have been in the soil for a couple of months.if you can stay just under overfeeding then you can almost stand there and watch them grow.

Yup i know what ya mean i transplanted my seedlings right into ffof wayyyyy too early and seen very little shock and a few hours later they started exploding so if they can take the nutes why not help them out

Latest posts

Back