pc grow box! need help with seedlings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
about 10 years ago when i first started using pre nuted soil and didnt know half of what i was doing i tried starting some seeds in some prenuted soil.Just about the time they started breaking the surface we heard that the fuzz may be coming.So i took that whole seed tray to a weedy area in my cop neighbors back yard and dumped the soil and the seeds out on the ground.A cuople of weeks later i went over there and looked and there where the stinkiest pertyiest fat little stocky transplants you ever did see.So i went home and grabed a shovel.

no offense to the above posters, I repect everyone that takes their time to help out others here, but I would not put any nutes/ferts on seedlings that small nor would I use a miracle grow product. If you are convinced the soil is not the issue I would again look at the possibility of a ph issue. I do not believe the problem is heat unless you are working with a VERY heat intolerant strain. I have vegging plants grow up into my CFL's to the point they are touching them and I see no burn (my HPS lights are a different story, I'm dealing with a couple burnt tops right now because of my flowering plants growing up and touching the light).
I know you do not want to hear this but I would start over. In my opinion your seedlings are not going to recover based on the pictures. I would not give up on them since I believe you should fight to the death to preserve what you can, but it might be time to start thinking about a backup plan.
-SSF

SensiStarFan said:
no offense to the above posters, I repect everyone that takes their time to help out others here, but I would not put any nutes/ferts on seedlings that small nor would I use a miracle grow product. If you are convinced the soil is not the issue I would again look at the possibility of a ph issue. I do not believe the problem is heat unless you are working with a VERY heat intolerant strain. I have vegging plants grow up into my CFL's to the point they are touching them and I see no burn (my HPS lights are a different story, I'm dealing with a couple burnt tops right now because of my flowering plants growing up and touching the light).
I know you do not want to hear this but I would start over. In my opinion your seedlings are not going to recover based on the pictures. I would not give up on them since I believe you should fight to the death to preserve what you can, but it might be time to start thinking about a backup plan.
-SSF

:yeahthat:
I was just posting what my mistake was on transplanting into a hot soil to early; I still started in a solo cup of seed srater mix. I figured if he was going to try and save them that maybe a light nute solution might help since they were soo old.

On your next run try doing some perlite to your soil I'm sure you'll see a big difference with how your water flows.

Yea i know its not the best im gonna try to graduate to total organics on my next grow.Most of my experience lies in vegetable gardening and most garden books say to start a 1/4 dose of food on seedlings with true leaves.I have been doing this for 15 years and i havent killed a single seedling yet.I allways try to be as helpful as i can without sounding arogant and i try to base my opinions on what i know to be a fact.I know alot of you folks have more experience and knowledge on growing than i do but just try it some time and you will see

Your roots are fried -- either because of PH or nute burn. The leaves and stems won't grow without root development. That's why everyone is questioning your soil. I would figure it out before popping new seeds. Clones may be able to take MG pre-nuted soil, but babies should stay in non nuted soil until they get used to ferts and have a root ball big enough and hardened enough to deal with hot soil. Figure it out and start over. Those plants should be a foot tall by now. JMO

Peace

The lights u r using r not a problem, i use the same cfl bulbs for my clones, transplants and seedlings and they do great. I agree that the soil you are using is the problem, doesn't look like theres room for any drainage and plants will wilt like that from to much water. I would get something with perlite in it.

hey, just want to let you know that i gave up the fight and im starting all over, from the start. my babies were not able to grow and i had to remove them, sadly. but enthusiastic, because i got new seed from amsterdam, so im on the another project. wish me luck, ill be doing a journal of grow

Latest posts

Back