Peat pellets anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I recieved some new seeds from nirvana and soaked them in water ( distilled) for 24 hours. all sank.. now because of a problem I had with my last bunch decided to try peat pellets. 2 out of 4 of them are cracked.. cracked meaning you can barley see the white of the tap root showing.. What I did was gently put each one approximiatly 1/4 inch under the peat.. Now.. my question is do I put them under my floros with my other veggers or just keep them in a dark place with my heating pad underneath them? Thanks everyone. Hero

As long as the roots are not exposed then they can go under the lights. Put a dome over them to keep humidity high.

IMO you dont need a dome for seeds, just clones, but you do need llight, put them under the floros and skip the dome. JMO

dman1234 said:
IMO you dont need a dome for seeds, just clones, but you do need light, put them under the floros and skip the dome. JMO

That makes it easier. I was always told its good to have high humidity with seedlings. Thanks.

I also never put seedlings under a dome (and I live in a very arid place). I believe that a humidity dome over seedlings encourages damping off.

No dome here either for seedlings, but I always leave the light on.:)

Latest posts

Back