Perpetual Grow with multiple strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since I last posted so theres been some action around the place. Things are going well for the most part. I'll try and take some pics tonight and post them tomorrow.

I've harvested a few plants. One bagseed was actually done in 40 days, one had a rough life, so it was removed for extra space, the one really sativa plant i had was hermi and pollinated another plant overnight so it was pulled, and the plant that was pollinated was harvested (seeds were starting to form didn't see the need in making messed up seeds), another plant was also pollinated and harvested as well (buds were really loose anyways). So those five plants were harvested, three did not bad, the other two didn't do well at all. I'll post some pics of the harvest tomorrow.

I've started cloning in home made bubbler setup, it takes up far less space. So hopefully it works just as well. No humidity dome on it so I've been spraying three times daily, alternating with a rooting foliar spray.

I've decided not to use mother plants. They were taking up to much room and my plants are in veg long enough to take plenty of clones from. I still haven't narrowed the search for the best plant yet. One of my bagseeds plants was ready in 40 days, but didn't yield a lot, but it gets a second chance for sure. There is one other bagseed I'll keep, has real nice short simple stature to it and a ton of skiny leafs covering the buds, like a sativa bud, looks to be hybrid. Out of the Northern Lights #4 seems to be the best, and Afghani #2 and #3 are pretty equal.

I've went back to my old ways of LST. The four plants I just put in the flowering room have about 8 tops each. I think they will produce more bud of equal quality this way. I have about 6 more plants in veg ready to flowering in about 1.5 weeks.

Some things I've noticed around my grow rooms. Dont ever use sono tubs for pots they **** for transplanting as the roots grow true it almost. I have a plant has topped itself twice for no apparent reason. I also have a plant that is flowering under 18 hrs of light. Crazy eh, again pics to come.

So thats a long post bud it pretty covers things pretty well. I'll post pics tomorrow, let me know what you think about those two plants acting weird.

Dogger

Don't worry dude, it will pick up once ya post some pics.

So I have some pics for you all to see, not the greatest quality I'll figure this camera out eventually. I think it has a lot to do with hps lighting as well. I did do some photoshop work where I could get the true color of the plants to show. Some didn't work so well so I left them with the orange glow of the light.

Keep in mind I took these pics while watering and training so the plants may look weird shaped. In a few weeks they'll be little bushes.
First few pics are the young clones, starting with the 4 NL's, a group of random bagseed plants, the 3 afghani's, and the 7 Hempstar's

Keep in mind I took these pics while watering and training so the plants may look weird shaped. In a few weeks they'll be little bushes.

Gone are the days of mother plants so they are now in the veg room kicking but with LST. I prefer training them real early to ensure a nice even spread of bud sites. When they are the size of pot around I let the multiple bud sites grow straight up for about 1.5 weeks and then of to flower they go with a nice cylindrical shape. They tend to keep to themselve better this way, ideal for packing in a ton of ladies. Having some nutrient problems but nothing to get my pantys in bunch. Probably just a low ph problem so I've been watering with just straigth brita filtered water. I added a teaspoon/gallon epson salts today so we'll see if they helps any. Keeping this in mind have a look at my plants in veg.

As for the ladies in flowering they're all doing nicely. The Hempstar plants are greener and building bud mass quickly. They are about 1 month into flowering and on schedule. From the original batch of seeds I still have 2 Afghani's left , 2 NL's and the hybrid i talked about earlier all at 6 weeks of flowering and looking real nice. Then there are the four more ladies I just started flowering two days ago, no real change in them yet so this about how big I like them when they go to flowering.

Hope you enjoy, I'll try and get some closer bud shot when I water next.

100_1239.jpg

100_1241.jpg

100_1242.jpg

100_1243.jpg

100_1238.jpg

100_1237.jpg

100_1234.jpg

100_1233.jpg

100_1232.jpg

100_1231.jpg

100_1235.jpg

Whats up dogger. Man everything is looking great. You have yourself a regular weed farm going there. ;) How long do the ladies have left in flower before harvest? Anyway your doing a great job man keep it up. :aok:

So the weight of the first two real harvested plants are in. 19.5 grams for the early finisher, and 13 grams for the seeded bagseed (real airy buds). Also harvested one of the Afghani's today about half the resin glands are cloudy, going to leave the other till there all cloudy. Also harvested one of the bagseed plants from the second batch cause it was having real hard time. I'll have the weight in when they go into curing. Heres some pics, hope you enjoy. the bags are half of each plant, split these down the middle for convience. I took most of the pics of the afghani because its real nice

100_1244.jpg

100_1245.jpg

100_1248.jpg

100_1250.jpg

100_1251.jpg

100_1253.jpg

Whats up dogger. Congrats on the harvest man. Like they say free bud is better then no bud at all. ;) Your other ladies are loooking great as well. :aok:

Hey, for your sickest one it's not too bad. It could of been a loss. Your other ladies are lookin hmmm hmmm good! I am shooting for a perpetual when I get home. Know that your grow has been a influence and a help to me. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back