Perpetual growers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QBCrocket

Reaction score
Hi Guys , I do perpetual grow - so I don't keep a mother plant - take clones at 4 weeks into flower keep them in clone tent until grow is complete then put clones in grow room and start all over - my question to other perpetual growers is How long have you been able to continue with the one plant before plant starts to run into problems - I ran a big bud for 4 years but in the end the buds where small , clones struggled to take and plant just didn't look happy - is there a limit to perpetual grow ?

Crockett- I do a perpetual grow a little different -- I run a 4 part rotation on 60 day finishers -- The way it works is I move something to bloom every 2 weeks -- at the end of 60 days they start coming out of bloom every 2 weeks -- So it is a harvest every 2 weeks without getting slammed by an annual harvest and the trim that goes with it -- I clone from clones and running small plants I can fit more varieties in a small space -- As for how long U can run them I would guess forever ?

Keef- have always thought about going down that track but I am limited for room and time at the moment , but the smaller plants may be the key , gives me something to think about .

Crockett- I do a perpetual grow a little different -- I run a 4 part rotation on 60 day finishers -- The way it works is I move something to bloom every 2 weeks -- at the end of 60 days they start coming out of bloom every 2 weeks -- So it is a harvest every 2 weeks without getting slammed by an annual harvest and the trim that goes with it -- I clone from clones and running small plants I can fit more varieties in a small space -- As for how long U can run them I would guess forever ?
How many tents do you have? Four?

How many tents do you have? Four?
Thinking it could be done with one grow room and a clone tent , take clones at four weeks grow for 4 weeks in clone tent then put in grow room , take clones from those clones let them grow for 4 weeks and so on once get set up should have a pick every 4 weeks , not sure if clones would be big enough to go to flower after 4 weeks - only one way to find out , will set up after this grow and give it a go

I ran my 4 part rotation with bloom in an open room with everything at 12/12 -- 4 --1 meter square sections each 2 weeks behind the last section -- I grow aero in those 35 gallon black boxes with the yellow checkerboard top --2 boxes =approx 1 square meter -- I'm shut down to relocate but I was vegging in a walk in closet -- I was maintaining over 2 dozen varieties in a square meter at one time -- Like a card library -- Pull out the intended and veg her up to get clones -- When They were a foot or so tall I took them out a box in veg and put them in a new box in bloom -- Doing that I could get maybe 6 plants per box -- assorted or all the same - It works fine but veg has to be able to keep up -- I'm build me a big boy grow now !-- I got seed from 3 males to sort out !-- When U turn a boy loose on a dozen girls it takes awhile to sort out what you've done --

An old pic of my aero boxes !Those 2 boxes would have been one part of the 4 part rotation --
20170531_182752-1.jpg

Nice , I havnt been able to get buds like that since I lost my Big Bud strain ,I miss it , the white widow hasn't given me the big heavy buds , but is a hell of a smoke , I may be growing the plant to big have turned the girls at just under a foot high this time see what happens ,

Latest posts

Back