Pest Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My grow is done for this year, and I’m generally pleased with it! I’m brainstorming for next year, and I was wondering what y’all do for pest management for the following pests I’ve observed here in the RVA area:

Leaf hoppers
Thrips

Sure, Spinosad would do the trick, but I used Dr Jacks and it wasn’t great. What companion plants do y’all use, if not any other deterrents? Further, which spinosad product works the best in y’all’s humble opinions?

I’ve read that reflective mulch helps, but since it gets hot as blazes here, that seems imprudent. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Spinosad works good for thrips but not many other pests. For example spider mites need to have the eggs killed as well. I use azamax but only in the veg state. Big Sur uses something else he swears by. I don't remember what it is though. Hopefully he will chime in. I rarely have a bug problem since I am in a tent in my basement.

this works when applied properly

straight Bt or Bt with Spinosad

throw in some Pyganic and Azamax and I am good for the season

and some Diatomaceous earth

871FFA00-BB01-449F-A5EE-4B3899D3FC88.jpeg

606C493B-88C4-4B96-A7C3-C2A8B77258FD.jpeg

I actually put one of those in a bucket with soil and two weeks later out came a hummingbird moth. My dog ate the moth.😁
I grow Marigolds around my girls and veggies and have very little problems with pest.

Hey folks,

My grow is done for this year, and I’m generally pleased with it! I’m brainstorming for next year, and I was wondering what y’all do for pest management for the following pests I’ve observed here in the RVA area:

Leaf hoppers
Thrips

Sure, Spinosad would do the trick, but I used Dr Jacks and it wasn’t great. What companion plants do y’all use, if not any other deterrents? Further, which spinosad product works the best in y’all’s humble opinions?

I’ve read that reflective mulch helps, but since it gets hot as blazes here, that seems imprudent. Thoughts?

Did you end up harvesting ahead of Ian?

Latest posts

Back