Pest problem??

Hunter420

Reaction score
My baby's got their first cotyledon leaves a week ago.
I have not added any nutrients so far. I have a 400w MH
30 inches above. I ran it 18/6 for the first week. Just switched
To 24/7. Temp in grow room ranges from 75 to 80 degrees.
I can't actually see any mites or other pests with my naked
Eye. But I can't think of what else it might be. I would
Appreciate some feedback! Thanks.

View attachment image.jpg

Riverine45

Free the Weed!
Reaction score
It maybe nutrient toxicity try leaching your pebbles lower your nutrient dose not a expert on hydro but that's what it look like to me and as I alway do pulled out my trusty indoor/outdoor medical growers bible by Jorge for a second opinion and the symptom seem to be that. But yea I would try running some fresh water rinse out the medium and then give it a lower dose of nute and see if that fixes ya up. Good luck!

Hunter420

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I haven't added any nutrients yet
So that's why I thought it might be pests. I have six plants
In the same water system and it's the only one with this
Problem. The leaves are starting to yellow so I should add some
Nutes soon though.

Riverine45

Free the Weed!
Reaction score
I catch that that you had not feed them yet. It might be a low on cal/ mag had my leave do that to when I was needing to some cal/mag. And adding some Epsom salts to your Rez may fix ya up. I can't remember the exact formula off the top of my head. Only pests I have ever had trouble with is mites and the leaves are all covered in million small pin size dots so doesn't look like mite to me. Check your leaves with a scope will let ya know them little bastards. Just had a mite scare and luckily caught it right away I took plants out and took over the bathroom off my bedroom for a week and needed them and rised them of in the shower. I bombed my grow room then washed all the walls,floors hoods. And got back on my preventive maintenance schedule again. I slack off on it and almost paid the price.
Good luck.

Reaction score
I notice that you are planted in hydrotron--are you running hydo? If so, you cannot let your plant go this long without feeding it. It is hungry.

Hunter420

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the input. I have ruled out pests. And it
Seems like you guys are on point. Added some nutrients and
That one plant is doing better. Here is a scope picture of the
Damage on the leaf.

View attachment image.jpg

vostok

Reaction score
Note the general overall look,...yeah! shes hungry(pale yellow) , 2nd note that the necrotic splotch's are mostly confined to the first lateral ..
implying that this nute damage was done/ or started possibly within the last few days
...shes running on dry, all seeds/seedlings have enough food for 2 weeks normal growth, but when Hunter sticks her under a 400w the food supply soon runs out, hence the pick above, introduce the nute carefully shes hungry and will be so easy to burn those sensitive roots