PH Balance in soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete -- I was a morphine junkie for most of a decade but I don't go to the doctor anymore -- The potency depends on the weed -- U gotta find your own dosage -- U take too much it won't kill ya -- I use 00 size empty gel caps I get off amazon -- I got a whittled down chop stick I pack the caps full with -- U gotta take the caps with some oil or food with an oil in it like peanut butter -- The buzz kicks in in about an hour and will last for 4-6 hours -- I like a toke or 2 but if I had to choose between eating weed or smoking it I'd have to give up smoking-- Not that that is gonna happen !--
As for clones once you've cloned a girl all clones will be female -- U just need 2 grow areas -- so U can veg 18/6 and bloom 12/12 at the same time -- I ran a white widow over and over for 4 and a half years !

I hear that brother. I had an opioid addiction some years back. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I might try that cap thing. I love combustibles, but I smoked cigarettes for 3o+ years and my lungs often ask me if I've thought this through. And yeah, can't give up the wild array of flavors too, so I suppose I'll smoke til I die.

Thanks for the input, Keef. I'm using as much as applies. Everyone's been friendly and helpful. Glad I stumbled into this place.

Airflow is important as they stated above however nobody mentions vpd (vapour pressure deficit) this is a sweet spot where when your temp's correlate with your humidity and at the right levels will keep your plants stomata open 24/7 nonstop transpiration=more food/oxygen for your plant. Don't even think about any trimming /defoliation yet mate she's far too young and also you should never mess with a plant that isn't already healthy and thriving. look up marijuana VPD chart for what humiditys for different temperatures

There is a lot of 411 here -- If U can do it with weed someone up in here got experience at it -- U got bad lungs U might want to learn how to make Rosen Press Oil -- That's part of my plan when I get set back up -- Hash oil cartridges for a vape pen -- In Texas they'll put U in jail for a dirty pipe -- The Congress is in session and hopes are they'll amend that mmj law that helps no one --I been watching how the mmj and free states do with restriction on where U can smoke and how much weed U can have on U -- The hash oil cartridges are my work around -- They can't be stopping and testing every e-cig they run across and it eliminates the tell tell smell of burning weed ! -- So I'll be making dry ice hash and Pressing out the oil -- 70% THC oil is kinda Potent so I got plans for what I call Liquid Weed --half strength hash oil - It should be a little more potent toke for toke as the weed it was made from -- Much easier on the lungs

Wow. I had no idea that was even a thing. Last time I planted anything was probably early 1970's. It was a different world.

I appreciate the info on the chart. I now have one and am setting up for it. How do you deal with humidity? Is a vaporizer a common thing or what am I not seeing?

Wow. I had no idea that was even a thing. Last time I planted anything was probably early 1970's. It was a different world.

I appreciate the info on the chart. I now have one and am setting up for it. How do you deal with humidity? Is a vaporizer a common thing or what am I not seeing?
Yeah i've watched 100s of hours of experienced growers and only recenlty discovered VPD, Once i got in the perfect range my plants showed a massive increase in growth /health , for humidity i use a dehumidifier if i need higher humidity i will put a damp towel infront of my fan or half hanging out of a bucket of water simply because im too broke for a humidifier at the moment haha. here's my girls 2 weeks into flower

Attachments

• nugsz.jpg
    nugsz.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 46
  • c1ear.jpg
    c1ear.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 52
Smoked my 1st joint in 1973 when I was in the army -- things have changed a bit -- The oil thing is a variable -- by variety and how much U get from a plant -- It's a complicated thing -- U get what U get !-- Most of the hash oil cartridges are made from the trim from trimming up the buds ---- Make hash out of it then press the oil out the hash -- although oil can be pressed out of just bud -- Most old stoner's seem to prefer to smoke flowers over concentrates like hash or oil -- The younger users seem to like the cartridges -- I think there is a place for everything and if traveling or out in the public it is much more discreet !--
Not to be confused with Rosen Press Oil is RSO -- Rick Simpson Oil -- This is the medicine tip -- We wash weed with ever clear-- The trichomes that hold the THC/CBD dissolve into the alcohol -- Evaporate the alcohol and what is left is the concentrated goodies -- RSO is eaten not smoked !
Some make thier own high test alcohol -- More than one of us make beer wine or liquor- -- I myself make fruit wine !-- O.K. it is a concentrated wine -- Maybe 30 % alcohol -?-- I make a fine blueberry wine !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm not drinking these days. Turns out, I'm allergic to alcohol. It makes me stupid. But the process with it sounds interesting. Would rubbing or denatured alcohol not be a suitable substitute? Just looking at the cost difference.

Were you in Nam?

Those look great. What kind? And is it hydro? You said you used a dehumidifier so I'm guessing?
These
there are 5 Grandaddy Purples and one OG Kush, it's coco coir medium So i guess semi hydro? i feed everyday until 10% runoff. i use just a cheap dehumidifier mate and a wet towel infront of my fan for + humidity since im to poor for a humidifier, chances are you will need to lower your RH not raise it. This is my first grow however i've been around growers /info for years. Coco is similar to soil growing expect you feed daily because there is no nutrients in your medium + you run lower PH

Last edited:
Nope they trained me as a military policemen and sent me to Korea instead !-- I got lucky !-- I don't drink anymore either but making it gets under your skin like growing does !-- I think I'm allergic to it too -- I used to get whiskey bumps-- U know when U drink whiskey and bump into things -- trees --doors - people fist ?
U know I started off in dirt -- I got knats and didn't know how to get rid of them -- They lay eggs that feed off roots -- I bought an aero cloner cut the top off my plants and never looked back -- After they rooted I learned about nute concentrates and one thing led to another and I copied that cloner on a bigger scale --
I use these 35 gallon storage boxes black with a checkerboard pattern on the top -- 7 row of 5 squares -- I drill them all out with a 2 inch door knob drill I bought 2 inch aero baskets and neoprene collars --So I can start 34 cuttings at a time per box -- I use 1 of the holes for my pump cord and airline -- I got a 396 gallon per hour filtered pump in the box -- It has a PVC manifold on top of it with these micro sprayers -- I run it 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off -- I make it rain inside those boxes !--The air line is to a big aquarium pump I don't have to worry about watering or fertilize the plants ---Leaves need CO2 -- roots need O2 so I move air thru the boxes to keep it fresh -- I have to keep an eye on pH and top off to keep my pumps under water -- My system pretty much runs itself !-- I'm hoping Texas will change to Medical Marijuana during the ongoing session -
Ole Keef wants to run the grow end of a weed dispensery--
I got about 12 of these box light combos -- and I have bred some stuff and thangs -- When the law changes I'm coming up out the belly of the beast driving a team of fire breathing monsters !

Airflow is important as they stated above however nobody mentions vpd (vapour pressure deficit) this is a sweet spot where when your temp's correlate with your humidity and at the right levels will keep your plants stomata open 24/7 nonstop transpiration=more food/oxygen for your plant. Don't even think about any trimming /defoliation yet mate she's far too young and also you should never mess with a plant that isn't already healthy and thriving. look up marijuana VPD chart for what humiditys for different temperatures
I bypass vpd and stimulate the stoma to open with low frequency sound. It is so effective it is run 15 min every hour while lights are on. Elevated CO2 is required.

Umbra,

I read a little about low frequency impact on the human body. Here's a small clip from a webpage that talks about it.....

"Most LFIs also contain infrasound (below 20Hz) which you can only feel and surely have experienced at one time or another. Low Frequency Intrusion has also been used effectively by the U.S. military to combat enemies and, at high enough volume, can do bodily harm to or even kill a human."

Not sure if it constitutes a health risk or not, but worth looking into more for sure.

It's all about the frequency. The 2 are different because they use different frequencies

Keef,

I can't imagine Texas will hold out much longer. Economics and business interests are getting it pushed through faster all the time. They run politics, right? I'm a little surprised tho considering money the court systems made on it while keeping it illegal. Legalizing it can't begin to keep pace with the cash cow it was considering the fines, lawyers, judges, costs, bail, paperwork, probation staff etc..... But it's all good here in less than sunny Michigan now. They tried to take our grow away after it passed, but we shot that down too.

MP in Korea? Twenty years after MASH I guess. Lucky for you.

Yep, I got my share of whiskey bumps. Me and Jose.

Update of the girls. pics from day 40 12/12

Attachments

• SCROG 2.jpg
    SCROG 2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 48
  • SCROG.jpg
    SCROG.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 48
  • crystally.jpg
    crystally.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 55
  • GDP LIGHT ON.jpg