PH Bottoming??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samarta

Reaction score
Anyone experience drops in ph rather than increases?? I have happy, healthy plants getting close to maturity but unlike other grows, I had to pull out my ph up and wipe the dust off of it and be glad that I did not throw it out. Whether up or down, my nutes hold well until I get close to res change, but usually I am having to pull it down and it swims up. This grow has been just the opposite. I pull it up to 6.1 or 2 and by morning it is 5.4 and dropping. Pull it up and by the end of the day - 5.3. I switched to AN perfect ph line, so we shall see!!:watchplant:

It could be your water provider is sending you water from a different reservoir right now, especially if you're in one of the drought affected areas. Are you pulling from a public supply or your own well?

What does your roots look like?

There nice and white, and the grow has gone well. Just drops as opposed to ups.

I use the AN Jungle Juice with well water from 2 different wells in 2 very different places, and my pH has always gone down over time. I think it may be the formulation of the AN nutes. I usually start mine at around 6.1 and over time it will go down to 5.2, but the plants are quite happy. I ffound that by doing a recirculating hydro system with more water, it takes several days for just 2-3 plants to pull the pH down low enough that I have to adjust it back up again. I let it do this a couple times then I change the water. For me it works out that I am changing 35gallons of water every 2 weeks. :)

Just switched nutes and you are right HP, it swims up until it gets close to res change time and that's when even the new nutes (AN ph perfect) drops. This was true of my one part powdered nutes and the 3 part AN liquid nutes.

Latest posts

Back