PH issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseyWales

I reckon so.
Reaction score
Has been raining a lot for the last 3 weeks, plants haven't had much in the way of nutrients But i noticed these fan leaves and what i can find seems to suggest a Ph issue does that sound right?
003.JPG
002.JPG
002.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1
That much rain can cause issues all by itself. Has the soil dried at the plant base yet? If your soil doesn't drain well it can take some time for the soil to dry.

That much rain can cause issues all by itself. Has the soil dried at the plant base yet? If your soil doesn't drain well it can take some time for the soil to dry.
Let me just say that I seen 5 or 6 fan leaves on 2 different plants, I see 5 there will be more. I feed them yesterday 1/2 water light light on the nutrients, no water today and the soil is dry on top but some moister below not wet. I was going to let them dry out before I add water. Today is 85 with sun and if I'm right they will be asking for water before sunset. The bags really let the water drain out.

Funny I did check the Ph of the rain water on two occasions both times 6.7 Ph with a brand new meter.

CalMag agreed
if PH is off then calcium will not be absorbed some
I would fee cal/mag and see if it stops on good leaves 1 week you should see results

Let me just say that I seen 5 or 6 fan leaves on 2 different plants, I see 5 there will be more. I feed them yesterday 1/2 water light light on the nutrients, no water today and the soil is dry on top but some moister below not wet. I was going to let them dry out before I add water. Today is 85 with sun and if I'm right they will be asking for water before sunset. The bags really let the water drain out.

Funny I did check the Ph of the rain water on two occasions both times 6.7 Ph with a brand new meter.
Did you calibrate the new meter the cheap ones as well as good ones need to be done before use.

Did you calibrate the new meter the cheap ones as well as good ones need to be done before use.
I have a Hanna Hp EP H198107 40 bucks. I liked it because the two solutions 7.01 and 4.0 to calibrate with and the storage solution to keep the probe moist. When the meter is out of cal it lets you know. As I have used it the readings I get are close not all over the place so I'm confident the meter works.

I have seen this before just can not remember what causes it
That one side of the leaf is a sign, Im surprised no one knows it also
Plants are so hard to say that it thats your problem without being the one growing them.
What does the whole plant look like?

The holes in the fan leaves above are also a concern
Have you check for insects good? Suckers of sap can cause leaf deformities too.
Are you doing any prevention?

I have seen this before just can not remember what causes it
That one side of the leaf is a sign, Im surprised no one knows it also
Plants are so hard to say that it thats your problem without being the one growing them.
What does the whole plant look like?
This picture was taken a few days ago
002.JPG
001.JPG

Heck they look Great I would not change anything
let it ride and see where it goes
I would defoliate a bit if they were mine, do you ever remove any crowded leaves?

The holes in the fan leaves above are also a concern
Have you check for insects good? Suckers of sap can cause leaf deformities too.
Are you doing any prevention?
I have an issue with Aphids, I spray a 50/50 mix of Al and water kills them dead, also Japanese beetles showed up, now I got hanging traps. They work on the most part but I find my self checking 3 or 4 times a day and find a couple hanging out i catch and kill them. I have been thinking to spry Dr. zymes to see if that will help.

Heck they look Great I would not change anything
let it ride and see where it goes
I would defoliate a bit if they were mine, do you ever remove any crowded leaves?
I think your right see where it goes, I never make fast moves. The more I look at WeedHoopers chart I'm thinking it could be a deficiency BC they haven't had any nutrients in almost three week due to rain. I'm gonna continue NPK, Cal-Mag, Silicone and Fish shit ( New Product, smells bad but the plants love it.)

Latest posts

Back