pH issues

Bubba

Reaction score
I'm in promix and have done nothing to change my feedings...I'm noticing some strains aren't as happy as I'd like them to be...leaves in both flower and veg show funk here and there, nothing I can point my finger at and say specifically has caused an issue...I was planning to do what subbie has just
done but I want to know what caused it and how...the promix bx has plenty of myco and 90% of the plants look stellar, can't wrap my noggin around why a few are effected and most other are fine... :rolleyes:
I guess my water changed....RO'd it used to be 6.2, and all of a sudden 8+!

boo

old goat
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
thanks for the replies folks, I' gonna wait until I have drier conditions before I flush, my back will thank me for waiting...I've got a great place to flush, low visibility and crushed rock to allow the runoff...heading out back to see what the girls are looking like...

boo

old goat
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
girls look fine, flowers are happy but some of the leaves aren't...amber trichs are developing on the 2 that are the biggest...the plant is quite large and very well be a 8 ounce plant...mebbe 7777 can show me how to grow big buds...;)

boo

old goat
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I checked the well water and it's changed once again...it's down to 6.8 so I'm thinking of going back to that vs. the RO I've been using...RO seems to strip every nute and element from the water...it was 7.8 and rusty a few years ago but now that it gets used by an irrigation system if seems much better that before...I guess flushing it cleared it it...

Bubba

Reaction score
After my big flush, everything turned around and is bolting. 12/12 for them too. About a week and a half behind snowcaine.

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep that's why I don't like watering with RO water. Nothing left in it that's worth a shit. No minerals no nothing. I have never had a problem with tap water as long as I let it set over night I feel up my trash can and two 5 gallon buckets everyday and let them set over night.
IMG_20220806_172411224_HDR.jpg

Bubba

Reaction score
Yep that's why I don't like watering with RO water. Nothing left in it that's worth a shit. No minerals no nothing. I have never had a problem with tap water as long as I let it set over night I feel up my trash can and two 5 gallon buckets everyday and let them set over night.
View attachment 305359
Thats nice, Im starting to measure mine now out of the RO machine. Used to get 6.0-6.2 out of RO. (8ish straight from tap.) Had plants showing PH related distress, checked ph and it was up to 8+ somehow! I thought maybe filter needed replaced, but water going in measure 300+, 0 coming out so filter seems to be working.

Bubba

oldfogey8

Grouch
Reaction score
Thats nice, Im starting to measure mine now out of the RO machine. Used to get 6.0-6.2 out of RO. (8ish straight from tap.) Had plants showing PH related distress, checked ph and it was up to 8+ somehow! I thought maybe filter needed replaced, but water going in measure 300+, 0 coming out so filter seems to be working.

Bubba
Could be the aquifers are being depleted and thus are concentrating the impurities that affect pH(lime would be my guess). We in the northeast are in what seems to be the worst drought I have seen in my recollection. Watering bans everywhere. That hasn’t prompted the city of Worcester to fix a water main break that has been spewing water down a road near my house for weeks though. God forbid you get caught watering your garden while the local government can be as wasteful as they want to be…

Bubba

Reaction score
Could be the aquifers are being depleted and thus are concentrating the impurities that affect pH(lime would be my guess). We in the northeast are in what seems to be the worst drought I have seen in my recollection. Watering bans everywhere. That hasn’t prompted the city of Worcester to fix a water main break that has been spewing water down a road near my house for weeks though. God forbid you get caught watering your garden while the local government can be as wasteful as they want to be…
That's something I hadn't considered. It is a drought and all, seems like a good theory. I was stumped ( just flubbed the word stumped, and auto correct suggested 'stoned' of all things) as to why it gained over 2 points.

Bubba

Latest posts