pH issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good buy Bubba. I recently bought my second bluelab pen after the first one served me a good 7 years. Just a little tip, I store it in ph'd nutes from my res in a plastic coffee container which i cut the lid to make the pen fit tightly. It has a warning label "if it dries it dies" and the cap holds very little water for longer term storage. If you feel that the probe is slowish, it is ok to use a soft toothbrush and dish soap to clean the probe then recalibrate it.
Yes my grow store will recalibrate if it needs it.I have some of their storage solution, put 3-4 drops in the little hole the probe goes in. Supposed to put drops in once per week. Don't see why your method wouldn't work, as long as it doesn't dry out, I guess.

Bubba

I still need to calibrate mine. Been using the drops through the last grow. I almost do no PHing as my water even after adding nutes is a nice mellow yellow
I was having good luck with my "no ph experiment using Advanced Nutrients that claim no adjustment necessary.

Then last go round I had the same thing boo said yellow and brown spots. Grew out a ratty looking grow of Platinum GSC, it made it the whole way, produced nice colas, but ratty leaves the whole grow.

Collecting the stuff to build gmo's aero-hydro setup. Heretofore my grows have been in Ocean Forest soil

Bubba

I was having good luck with my "no ph experiment using Advanced Nutrients that claim no adjustment necessary.

Then last go round I had the same thing boo said yellow and brown spots. Grew out a ratty looking grow of Platinum GSC, it made it the whole way, produced nice colas, but ratty leaves the whole grow.

Collecting the stuff to build gmo's aero-hydro setup. Heretofore my grows have been in Ocean Forest soil

Bubba
I also use advanced nutrients but still don’t trust no ph testing. My ph runoff is always low but I haven’t seen any leaf damage so far using them. So I PH in around 6.5 and let it be till have have a call from the leaves to make changes. I’ve also had ugly plants that were really good after I trimmed the ugliness off.
good luck on your new hydro setup. I have not got that brave yet 😊

I also use advanced nutrients but still don’t trust no ph testing. My ph runoff is always low but I haven’t seen any leaf damage so far using them. So I PH in around 6.5 and let it be till have have a call from the leaves to make changes. I’ve also had ugly plants that were really good after I trimmed the ugliness off.
good luck on your new hydro setup. I have not got that brave yet 😊
Well, getting rid of used soil is becoming a issue! I have a few more things to get, a chiller and a portable a/c to duplicate GMOs efforts before I am ready. Putting the two SP3000 lights in the 4x4, converting the 2x4 tents to clone tent and mother tent. At least that is my long term plan!

Bubba

Bubba
I am using the AN pH perfect stuff now. So far so good for the most part. Out of force of habit, I was giving the plants a cal mag supplement though so maybe that did the trick for me. I did notice my stems were pretty pliable but I added some diatomaceous earth for a couple of waterings(maybe a teaspoon per liter-I didn’t measure). Stems are pretty hardy now. I was surprised it worked as quickly as it did(or maybe they were going to get sturdier anyway)…

Hey boo...

What did the leafs look like? In any way similar to my current grow?

Bubba and SubG..

What scedule we're y'all using? Feed, water, feed? Feed, feed, feed? Feed, water, water,?

Oldfogey (and everyone else using the AN)...

What water source are you using?

Hey boo...

Bubba and SubG..

What scedule we're y'all using? Feed, water, feed? Feed, feed, feed? Feed, water, water,?

I just use my tap water. I am lucky though. The town must have good quality control. I don’t even know where my pH meter(haven’t used one in a decade) is so I can’t say for sure.

I have been feeding once a week but I am not really growing. Keeping the plants smaller until I get my tent set up…

my well water is super hard but I still needed cal mag and epsom salts to clear up my leaf issues...sea of green now...
IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG

This is a good buy Bubba. I recently bought my second bluelab pen after the first one served me a good 7 years. Just a little tip, I store it in ph'd nutes from my res in a plastic coffee container which i cut the lid to make the pen fit tightly. It has a warning label "if it dries it dies" and the cap holds very little water for longer term storage. If you feel that the probe is slowish, it is ok to use a soft toothbrush and dish soap to clean the probe then recalibrate it.
excellent thank you!

Hey boo...

Bubba and SubG..

I use RO water.

Bubba

I use AN, R/O water and ProMix. I have been doing the same thing so long I don't need to check my ph. I still do out of habit. My leaves stay green until I start cutting back on N and cal/mag.

I use AN, R/O water and ProMix. I have been doing the same thing so long I don't need to check my ph. I still do out of habit. My leaves stay green until I start cutting back on N and cal/mag.
I'm getting ready to try promix, then on to full on hydro.

Bubba

Don't think I have ever smoked coco pot. Please don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with hydro. Great yield but a little less taste. I just like soil less medium.

Don't think I have ever smoked coco pot. Please don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with hydro. Great yield but a little less taste. I just like soil less medium.
Im a soil guy again myself
I use to get large yields with hydro and see most good hydro growers do also.
I like soil easy to tend to.

I used to with no issues. I quit because of thrips. They are in the soil.If I reuse the soil they get worse. I spray for them in veg but some how they start showing up in the final stages in some plants in flower.

I used to with no issues. I quit because of thrips. They are in the soil.If I reuse the soil they get worse.
Never had a problem with them too much, been lucky I guess
Had them once forget what I used , but did a soil drench and it whipped em good.
Threw that soil away as I do now, but I use to just recycle at least 1 time with no ill effects.

Latest posts

Back