pH issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did go ahead and buy the Advanced Nutrients veg stuff, will need it eventually, whether for promix or hydro.

Bubba

Yes my grow store will recalibrate if it needs it.I have some of their storage solution, put 3-4 drops in the little hole the probe goes in. Supposed to put drops in once per week. Don't see why your method wouldn't work, as long as it doesn't dry out, I guess.

Bubba
yes i first used to put few drops in the hole inside the cap but i noticed that it would dry out faster than i wanted. In the plastic container with a lid i can fill it with like a cup of nutes so to keep the whole probe submerged. It lasts for months. i just change it when i am changing my res only to freshen it up.

big, I have mebbe 8 strains in veg waiting to be flipped and thing that any one would be welcome in most grows, they are close to stunning and show no issues, wedding cake for some reason just hates me...a good flush makes sense...I pH in @6.2 most all the time, mebbe 6.0...4.9 out after feeding isn't healthy

I'm a little late to this party and haven't read the whole thread but, thought I'd chime in on proper pH range for soil growing, (personally, I think growing in peat falls into the same principals, has always seemed that way for me).
I found this little chart years ago and so everything I put in is at 6.5 pH and it seems to work well for me. I use Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 if I can get it or, if not, Pro-Mix Professional and I always add pulverized dolomite garden lime to it too. (I saw something in here about that being a good idea with peat.)
Hope you've been able to sort things out. That's the crappiest thing about growing in soil/peat, once you realize you have a problem you're already way behind it and it takes a while to correct it to a point where you can see the difference.

Nutrient Availability Chart.jpeg

Something else.. I started using this stuff after having pH issues due to a faulty old pen. A new pen and a few feedings including this stuff and my plants were looking super healthy. I really don't plan to grow without it if I can avoid it! That was the fastest I've seen them do a 180.

Prevegenics 2.png

Prevegenics 1.png

Prevegenics 3.png

Good post papa.
Thanks bro. Not really sure why I bothered though, I learned years ago that trying to be helpful on these forums only comes back to bite you in the ass 75% of the time.. or more. Maybe 5% of the time it's actually appreciated. The rest is just being completely ignored for the effort.
Or maybe I just have an attitude problem. Wait.. it can be both, right? 😂

There's a reason I chose my name! 🤣

☠️

Thanks bro. Not really sure why I bothered though, I learned years ago that trying to be helpful on these forums only comes back to bite you in the ass 75% of the time.. or more. Maybe 5% of the time it's actually appreciated. The rest is just being completely ignored for the effort.
Or maybe I just have an attitude problem. Wait.. it can be both, right? 😂

There's a reason I chose my name! 🤣

☠️
Your Postings are always appreciated Brother
Thank You

Latest posts

Back