pH issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in promix and have done nothing to change my feedings...I'm noticing some strains aren't as happy as I'd like them to be...leaves in both flower and veg show funk here and there, nothing I can point my finger at and say specifically has caused an issue...I was planning to do what subbie has just
done but I want to know what caused it and how...the promix bx has plenty of myco and 90% of the plants look stellar, can't wrap my noggin around why a few are effected and most other are fine... :rolleyes:
I guess my water changed....RO'd it used to be 6.2, and all of a sudden 8+!

thanks for the replies folks, I' gonna wait until I have drier conditions before I flush, my back will thank me for waiting...I've got a great place to flush, low visibility and crushed rock to allow the runoff...heading out back to see what the girls are looking like...

girls look fine, flowers are happy but some of the leaves aren't...amber trichs are developing on the 2 that are the biggest...the plant is quite large and very well be a 8 ounce plant...mebbe 7777 can show me how to grow big buds...;)

I checked the well water and it's changed once again...it's down to 6.8 so I'm thinking of going back to that vs. the RO I've been using...RO seems to strip every nute and element from the water...it was 7.8 and rusty a few years ago but now that it gets used by an irrigation system if seems much better that before...I guess flushing it cleared it it...

Yep that's why I don't like watering with RO water. Nothing left in it that's worth a shit. No minerals no nothing. I have never had a problem with tap water as long as I let it set over night I feel up my trash can and two 5 gallon buckets everyday and let them set over night.
IMG_20220806_172411224_HDR.jpg

Yep that's why I don't like watering with RO water. Nothing left in it that's worth a shit. No minerals no nothing. I have never had a problem with tap water as long as I let it set over night I feel up my trash can and two 5 gallon buckets everyday and let them set over night.
View attachment 305359
Thats nice, Im starting to measure mine now out of the RO machine. Used to get 6.0-6.2 out of RO. (8ish straight from tap.) Had plants showing PH related distress, checked ph and it was up to 8+ somehow! I thought maybe filter needed replaced, but water going in measure 300+, 0 coming out so filter seems to be working.

Bubba

Thats nice, Im starting to measure mine now out of the RO machine. Used to get 6.0-6.2 out of RO. (8ish straight from tap.) Had plants showing PH related distress, checked ph and it was up to 8+ somehow! I thought maybe filter needed replaced, but water going in measure 300+, 0 coming out so filter seems to be working.

Bubba
Could be the aquifers are being depleted and thus are concentrating the impurities that affect pH(lime would be my guess). We in the northeast are in what seems to be the worst drought I have seen in my recollection. Watering bans everywhere. That hasn’t prompted the city of Worcester to fix a water main break that has been spewing water down a road near my house for weeks though. God forbid you get caught watering your garden while the local government can be as wasteful as they want to be…

Could be the aquifers are being depleted and thus are concentrating the impurities that affect pH(lime would be my guess). We in the northeast are in what seems to be the worst drought I have seen in my recollection. Watering bans everywhere. That hasn’t prompted the city of Worcester to fix a water main break that has been spewing water down a road near my house for weeks though. God forbid you get caught watering your garden while the local government can be as wasteful as they want to be…
That's something I hadn't considered. It is a drought and all, seems like a good theory. I was stumped ( just flubbed the word stumped, and auto correct suggested 'stoned' of all things) as to why it gained over 2 points.

Bubba

I got my yellow and spotted leaves figured...noting that more cal mag and epsom salts couldn't fix...when I switched to well water I figured it was so hard I had every mineral needed to sustain strong growth...just came back from the garden, lush and green with nothing for me to do...heading out to the feed store to get earlene some corn and a new gate for the cross fence...

I got my yellow and spotted leaves figured...noting that more cal mag and epsom salts couldn't fix...when I switched to well water I figured it was so hard I had every mineral needed to sustain strong growth...just came back from the garden, lush and green with nothing for me to do...heading out to the feed store to get earlene some corn and a new gate for the cross fence...
I added some epsom salts to the last watering boo. Will see if I notice anything. I have used it on my pepper plants which greened them up real good… don’t work to hard 🥰

Where the hell you been Bubba.😁
String of crap starting with big plumbing bill, super busy at work. come home, sleep, work repeat. For a couple of weeks I had a cold the was miserable, think it was more of a sinus infection. Rest, plenty of water and natural immunity and time cured it. Made for a nasty cough as well.

Bubba

I finally got a sink I approve of for the master bath, been using the guest bath to brush my teeth for well over 6 months...yeah, I'm a picky bastage and know what I want...I'm treating myself to having a plumber install it...got all the parts waiting for another 3 weeks...

Little late, but I have been having that lately. I bought a new pen, Blue Lab. Pricey little rascal.

Bubba
This is a good buy Bubba. I recently bought my second bluelab pen after the first one served me a good 7 years. Just a little tip, I store it in ph'd nutes from my res in a plastic coffee container which i cut the lid to make the pen fit tightly. It has a warning label "if it dries it dies" and the cap holds very little water for longer term storage. If you feel that the probe is slowish, it is ok to use a soft toothbrush and dish soap to clean the probe then recalibrate it.

Latest posts

Back