pH levels??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
:eek: :eek: how important is it to watch the pH levels? my plants always look and smoke great. never have checked. a little help plz. green blessings to you all.

Not real important in Organic growing but it is the key to just about everything if you are using chem nutes...

Hamster Lewis said:
Not real important in Organic growing but it is the key to just about everything if you are using chem nutes...

Why is there a difference? I would think it to be equally important.
I never heard that nutes could get locked out if out if not in the proper PH range "unless using organic"

So ph levels are not important if I'm growing 'Organic"?

the PH is important it just does not have as fast an effect on organic. The microbes will work in a wider ph range and make the nutes more readly available for the plant to use. the microbes make their own area more livable for theirselves and that makes it better for the plants.

Growdude said:
Why is there a difference? I would think it to be equally important.
I never heard that nutes could get locked out if out if not in the proper PH range "unless using organic"

Like ozzy said...when growing organically the microbes kind of "police" their own ph....within reason of course. You cldn't pour something really acidic or really alkaline in there and everything wld be okay. I believe it is the reason outdoors growers don't hve a problem with rain water...some places must hve rain that is more acidic or less acidic then others but the plants are usually fine. The microbes in the soil do their part to keep the ph in a range where the nutrients are freely available. jmo

Great question. Can't wait for the pH Nazis to jump in and tell you all about how to turn joy into toil.

Good luck.

ph is very important.. its what allows certain nutrients to be absorbed by the plant at different rates/amount. if you never had a problem then heck more power to you.. in soil the soil acts like a buffer so you as a grower can not kill the plant as easily. lets say you were indoors and in hydro I believe this would be a big problem. i am no pro so i know some vets will chime in.

Latest posts

Back