PH meter calibration reset?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
I have a ph meter with 2 calibration knobs for adjustment. One for 7 and one for 4. My problem is when I go to calibrate my meter (Every 2 weeks) the 4 needs to get turned up a bit as it is reading 3.9, but my dial for 4 is at it's max.
Is there a way to "reset" this? Is it as easy as turning the knob down while the unit is off? I would figure that makes the most sense. Any info will be appreciated.

I suspect that it has gone out of range. The adjustment knobs or screws are usually connected to trimpots that adjust gain for the inputs. Unfortunately, once it reaches the end it can't be reset. However, if it is the latest technology, it may be a digital trim which would allow you to turn it off and turn the pot back down, then turn it on and adjust it again. But I think even those reach a point where the bulb itself has to be replaced.

I found that keeping the bulb submersed in 4.0 fluid continually when not in use slows the degradation of the bulb so that it lasts much longer. I wish I could be more help.

Thanks Hush. I tried turning it down while off but it didn't help. Will try again next time after removing the battery. I will hold out hope. :)

What kind is it Hammy? Any chance you can turn the other knob to compensate? I know the Milwaukee I had could do that.

Yeah I have seen those. They are good but the probe is going to have to be replaced as they die over time. My brother had one that he didn't keep the bulb wet with the right fluid, and it didn't last long before he had to replace it.

I have had this same one for years now. I have replaced the bulb twice.

Hammy, make sure to immerse the tip in the cleaner solution for 2 hrs. or so...when mineral deposits get on the tip, it screws up the calibration.

Had a feeling it may be. So there is a chance you can even out both knobs and start fresh with an adjustment kind of using one against the other to bring them both in close enough to dial in a 7 and 4. My guess if if the 4 is barley getting in on one direction, the 7 is barley getting in on the other end.

If not, hit me up in a PM. I have several new PH probes I had gotten for mine b 4 I dropped it on the 55 gallon drum of water.

Yeah, it was a bad day...

LMK

Had a feeling it may be. So there is a chance you can even out both knobs and start fresh with an adjustment kind of using one against the other to bring them both in close enough to dial in a 7 and 4. My guess if if the 4 is barley getting in on one direction, the 7 is barley getting in on the other end.

If not, hit me up in a PM. I have several new PH probes I had gotten for mine b 4 I dropped it on the 55 gallon drum of water.

Yeah, it was a bad day...

LMK

Thanks bro...I will give that a try and let you know how I make out.

Latest posts

Back