ph meter for soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleanbuds

Reaction score
can someone recommend a ph meter for soil? thanks!

I don't think people generally measure the pH of their soil. They check the pH of the runoff. I grow either organic soil and do not check pH or hydro, so could be wrong on this, but it seems to me that chemical soil growers just check the runoff.

I do not see the point of checking runoff, I use a ph meter to check my mixed nutes ph level and then correct it to 6.5 and then feed.

yes this is the part I am confused on. When I think about how a pH meter works I find it strange that it would be used in soil. My soil should be a balanced pH, so I believe the meter would be just for run off and to adjust my nutes. I have seen "Soil PH" meters for sale so wanted to ask if that's what people are using. Thanks for the reply, I think I will be looking at getting a normal pH meter that uses solution

Yes, if you are refering to the ph meters you stick in the soil to get a reading they are absolutely useless.

Latest posts

Back