PH Pen

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
Sorry if the answer is already on here I suck at search function. I have a pretty good idea about calibration for my pen, but wondering how to store it between testing. Do I keep it in a cup of water or what?

maineharvest

Reaction score
Yep you have to keep it wet. I let my dry out by accident and now its ruined and I think I need to get a new probe. There is a product made just for keeping your pen in it but its a lil expensive and the bottle is tiny. Some people just use normal water or some use the calibration liquid to store it in.

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
Mine has a little sponge in its cap that I have to keep wet.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Mine just has a little rubber tip with a very small rez in it I dip it in 7.0 cal sol then cap it when I'm done using it.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
Mine has a pretty tight cap so I dip it in neutral water and then cap it and keep it sitting upright so that the water collects in the cap to keep the probe wet. I like the sponge idea. that would keep the water from running or moving around if the pen falls over. :)

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
My pen came with these two little pouches of ph calibration solution, one is 4.0 and the other is 6.86 although from what I have seen I use that to set to 7.0? Can I just use half of the pouches and save the rest for when I would need to calibrate again? How often should I calibrate, I am assuming the reason some of you store the meter in solution is so you know it's reading correct

bho_expertz

Aloha from Hell
Reaction score
I have a Hanna pen. The waterproof one and red.

After the use i clean it with dist water and in her box. Nothing else.

Latest posts