PH Pen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
Sorry if the answer is already on here I suck at search function. I have a pretty good idea about calibration for my pen, but wondering how to store it between testing. Do I keep it in a cup of water or what?

Yep you have to keep it wet. I let my dry out by accident and now its ruined and I think I need to get a new probe. There is a product made just for keeping your pen in it but its a lil expensive and the bottle is tiny. Some people just use normal water or some use the calibration liquid to store it in.

Mine has a little sponge in its cap that I have to keep wet.

Mine just has a little rubber tip with a very small rez in it I dip it in 7.0 cal sol then cap it when I'm done using it.

Mine has a pretty tight cap so I dip it in neutral water and then cap it and keep it sitting upright so that the water collects in the cap to keep the probe wet. I like the sponge idea. that would keep the water from running or moving around if the pen falls over. :)

My pen came with these two little pouches of ph calibration solution, one is 4.0 and the other is 6.86 although from what I have seen I use that to set to 7.0? Can I just use half of the pouches and save the rest for when I would need to calibrate again? How often should I calibrate, I am assuming the reason some of you store the meter in solution is so you know it's reading correct

I have a Hanna pen. The waterproof one and red.

After the use i clean it with dist water and in her box. Nothing else.

Latest posts

Back