ph+ ph-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hello again MP users. i have been collecting supplies for my upcoming grow over the past couple weeks, and i am currently looking for advice in the ph control department. i have ordered my meter, callibration solution, and storage solution, but now i need to get ph+ and ph- and i am turning to you users for help.
obviously its not hard to find the ph- ph+, but i am looking for the most efficient, and cost effective ph- ph+ product, so if you wonderful MP members would be so kind as to lend ruufuus your expertise and experience in this department, i would be quite greatful. i look forward to reading your posts:D

~Ruufuus

This is what I use....

PH UP 1.5 lbs Dry Base General Hydroponics Hydrofarm

ebay Item number: 130560583080 US $21.99 free shipping. I bought this a long time ago and I hve only used half of the down and a 1/4 of the up....works great.

i will check it out. do you get more bang for your buck with powders?

edit: thats the ph+ only i found the same brand including the up and the down in powder form (1.5lb of each) for only 26.93 with free shipping on amazon! thanks for your help ham. this is why i make these posts here, i always end up with excellent info!

Okay yeah then that is a beat.....I got both for around 25 bucks shipped way back. Glad you found a deal dude. Amazon has great buys...especially if you are like me and are a prime member. A lot of items I get free 2nd day shipping and can upgrade to Next Day for like 2 bucks.

i just started my free prime membership trial yesterday, so i wanna try to get all the supplies i need to order taken care of within that time frame, gotta love free shipping!

hey hamster, while i have your attention...what kindof nutes do you use? and how are the results =]?

ruufuus said:
hey hamster, while i have your attention...what kindof nutes do you use? and how are the results =]?

I use General Hydro flora 3 part series. Love them I just ordered the 3 part set for 33 bucks free shipping. They make life easy....just mix by the directions , ph, let sit ( I try and let them sit overnight) check your ph again and feed.

Ya I use GH too and its great. There pretty cheap and work great.

sweet! i was planning to go with gh flora series =] are the results excellent? also, how much do you purchase at a time that you get it for 33$? and how long does the amount you purchase at a time last you per how many plants?

Well I bought the 30 dollar bottles and it lasts about a whole grow for me. I have had excellent sucess thus far with it.

what size? because i am contemplating ordering the flora series gallons, and i am wondering how long they will last

(just added avatar =] doesnt it look delicious?)

The pints I think they are. Ya next time Im getting the gals its alot cheaper in the long run that way.

And yes it looks very bongworthy :bong:
:icon_smile:

How long do the pints usually last you, and for how many plants?

Lemon Jack said:
The pints I think they are. Ya next time Im getting the gals its alot cheaper in the long run that way.

And yes it looks very bongworthy :bong:
:icon_smile:

I believe they are quarts....32 ounces. I just ordered the 3 pack. How long they last depends on how many plants you are growing..they last just as long or longer then some of the other nutrient kits in my opinion.

It takes a little bit of figuring but if you look at the recommended feeding schedule on the manufacturer's website or on the bottle, you can multiply the dosages by the number of plants, and then by the number of times per week that you feed, then by the number of weeks(roughly) and get a good idea of how long it will last. :)

well i will be feeding through a res, using ebb and flow. but i understand what you are saying. is it best to follow the feeding instructions? or does someone know a modified schedule that works best by any chance =]?

Where's all the organic growers at? I use BMO ebay only but it's awesome. I barely use my ph meter anymore I think it's collecting dust. Organic ferts+hydro+lots of bubbles=perfect ph all the time I regret ever using any chems on my girls, other then cal mag ofc :) oh ya ph up is bakin soda, ph down is lemon juice.

Hamster Lewis said:
I believe they are quarts....32 ounces. I just ordered the 3 pack. How long they last depends on how many plants you are growing..they last just as long or longer then some of the other nutrient kits in my opinion.
Yup your right my bad quarts lol pints wouldn't be very much lol. Gotta stop taking bong rips whilst I type :icon_smile:

Dr.Drew said:
Where's all the organic growers at? I use BMO ebay only but it's awesome. I barely use my ph meter anymore I think it's collecting dust. Organic ferts+hydro+lots of bubbles=perfect ph all the time I regret ever using any chems on my girls, other then cal mag ofc :) oh ya ph up is bakin soda, ph down is lemon juice.

I have been growing for many many years and have had no luck at all using organics in hydro, regardless of the amount of bubbles. I think for his first go around (especially) he should be using chem ferts. I defy anyone to tell my cured bud from one grown organically.

I would also not recommend using food products to adjust your pH--they are very short acting.

Latest posts

Back