Ph questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deralick132

Reaction score
Im a newbie so if this is completly rediculous im sorry but when adding nutrients do they need to be ph adjusted or are they good to go right out of the bottle? Ive got fox farms veg nutrients in a bottle im planning on using. Any input would be a great help.

I am new to ph as well. From what I gather the best to do is mix your nutes and water then test it the next day

I have never found any reason to let my nutes sit after I adjust PH.

If you get a big swing in PH then the PPM is off. IME.

It is always good to check and adjust the ph of your water or solution before adding to the plants. I am not sure about the FF nutes but some nutes have buffers in them to ballance the ph. For those nutes it is best to mix the solution then wait for at least 4 hours(and aerate with a fish tank air stone and pump) before checking the ph.

I always check my water source ph and TDS when starting a grow so that I know where the base numbers are. I also add my nutes and check TDS before adjusting the ph as the adjuster will also add to the ppm(or EC) of the solution. You should check the directions on the bottles of nutes(or if there isn't much info on the bottles go to the manufacturer website) to find out if your nutes are prebuffered.

If they are prebuffered it doesn't mean that you will not have to adjust, but it does mean that you should wait at least several hours before doing any adjustments or you will find yourself chasing the ph of your solution while your plants are suffering from ph misalignment.

Deralick; don't worry about asking a stupid question here my friend. When it comes to growing quality bud, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked which end up biting you in the yeild. :)

Yeah like Hush said most hve buffers in them that help hold the ph at a certain level. When I add my GH 3 part nutrients to my tap water which it usually ranges from 7.3-8.1 it brings the ph down to 6.0. It never seems to matter if my tap water is at the low end of that range or high end...it always leaves it at right around 6.0. Now when I add ph up to the solution to get to 6.5 it will usually after a Cpl hours hve drifted up or down a bit. I then readjust it to 6.5 again and then it sits there...jmo

Alright cool that really helps thanks guys. I was also curious as to when i shoukd start adding in the nutrients? I got two clones two days ago and planted them in pots and watered them in with vitamin b1 to help with transplant shock.

Deralick132 said:
Alright cool that really helps thanks guys. I was also curious as to when i shoukd start adding in the nutrients? I got two clones two days ago and planted them in pots and watered them in with vitamin b1 to help with transplant shock.

Clones take to feed way better then seedlings.....you cld start feeding them half strength right now imo. With my Larry OG clones I go right to full strength. jmo

So ive got my plants goin and the leaves are really drooping. I havent overwatered them i dont think maybe humidity? Any input helps

Deralick132 said:
So ive got my plants goin and the leaves are really drooping. I havent overwatered them i dont think maybe humidity? Any input helps

I wld suspect they need to be domed for a cpl days till their roots grow into the soil a bit. jmo

i use all fox farms stuff and have no problems with ph

Do I need to ph the water for my in between nute feedings,flushing or misting ?

No disrespect intended to the thread starter, just figured ask here rather than start a new one

dontknowmuch said:
Do I need to ph the water for my in between nute feedings,flushing or misting ?....

yes, you should verify the pH of your water before using it, and adjust accordingly if necessary, as for misting... Im not 100% because I dont mist, but thinking logically, if your taking the time to monitor and adjust your pH why would you do it only half of the time?

Still aint gettin results. Put the dome on my sour d clone for a couple days and its still drooping very badly now. Ph is in a good range and its not overwatered. Do have yellowing leaves also. I have no clue what the problem is

Latest posts

Back