ph run off important?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick

Reaction score
im getting yellow leaves my run off is 7.7 but my ph going in is 6.5 is runoff really important heres some info on my grow thank you in advance. How long has this problem been going on? 2 weeks
What STRAIN are you growing? bubba kush and obama kush
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) clone
What is the age of your plants?3 weeks
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?2 weeks
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before?yes same
How Tall are the plants? about a foot
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?veg
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)3 gallon
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) roots organic
What brand Nutrient's are you using?gh flora series
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water?i go 1/2 strenght of the label *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding?one time a week
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?1100
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?7.7
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS?every watering and feed
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?pen
How often are you watering?once a week
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?3 days ago
What size bulb are you using?1000
How old is your bulbs?6months
What is the distance to the canopy?1.5 feet
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)46%
What is the canopy temperature?76
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)light off 65 light on 76
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?intake allways on
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?no
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?180ppm
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled?ro well water Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)8ppm
Are you using water from a water softener?no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?no
Are plant's infected with pest's?no

I would say (with my experience in hydroponics) that 1100ppm is too high for 3 weeks old. I personally wouldn't start out over 500ppm. I don't know if "roots organic" has nutes included but it is then that adds that much more nutrient to the mix. I am not surprised that the PH of the runoff is different than what is going in, that is because the soil grabs and holds a certain amount of nutrients from the solution that you pour into the container and that by itself will change the ph of the solution.

If the yellowing has been happening since you transplanted them then you may be suffering some transplant shock. However, it is difficult to diagnose a problem without first seeing the plants. If you can get some good pictures and post here (don't worry this site is quite secure) then we can better tell what may be happening. :)

Latest posts

Back