Ph /tds meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sour Deez

Reaction score
Wuts up MP here hit this:48: Anyone know if those cheap milwaukee ph and tds meters they sell on ebay are any good? I think I saw someone on here use it with good results. Also Im buying stuff for my grow gettin a 600 mag ballast hps with a inline fan/filter combo from ebay also a 3.3x3.3x6.5 tent. I want to do 3 plants in ebb &flow.Besides the equipment for the ebb system, nutrients, cal mag, ph up and down, thermometer/humidity meter what else do need to buy? Help me out yall I'm trying to make a list of stuff to buy.Also is their anything I can get to prevent spider mites? TY

Hi SD, Floramite may help with spider mites but it is quite potent stuff. Ive not had to deal with them so someone else may have other suggestions.

Your list of kit is good to start off with, you may need other kit as you go but for now you have just about everything covered. The only thing I would add as a "must have" would be an oscillating fan for air movement.

Are you starting from seed or clones? I ask because if you go for seed and it is a hybrid variety, you may get sifferent sized plants, which could make 3 plants in an ebb & flow a bit awkward. I also think 3 plants in that space could prove difficult to arrange. I would personally go with 4 or 5, just to make the grow more even.

One last point, you can veg under a 600W but it will have to be a long way away and have either a dual spectrum bulb or a metal halide bulb in it. While your plants are babies, a 600W light is a bit overkill. I dont know how expensive electricity is where you live because running one 24/7 for 3 seedlings is burning a hell of a lot of juice, I would advise looking at the lighting threads for an alternative, Running something like a T5 for veg may pay for itself with savings made on electricity.

Green mojo W

I couldn't agree more with Woody:yeahthat: especially about getting some T5HO lights to suppliment the HID. I run clones but I start new strains from seed, and I start out with 6T5s 4' that give about 5k lumens each. once the kids get going good(about 6" tall) I turn on the metal halide bulb with the T5s and don't turn them off until I switch to HPS for flowering....You didn't have any growing medium on yer list. I personally love coco coir.:D Its relatively cheap and goes a long way, and really wicks up moisture which would be good for ebb n flow (IMO). I use the Milwaukee and Hana meters and like them both (just don't buy used meters as they die over time). If yu are going to start from seed, I would suggest (from personal experience) that yu start at least 6 seeds of the same type then cull out the males and weaklings. I started with 12 seeds, had 8 to germinate, then had 3 out of the 8 to be male and had to yank them from the garden b4 they pollinated the girls. You also need to do a lot of reading both here and in a good book.;) I am reading Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook and I have George Cervantes' medical MJ growers' hanbook as well and have learned a lot from them. Good luck:) and welcome to MP and to yer new addiction (growing that is):hubba:

There is no way to really prevent spider mites. I would not spray with any miticide if I did not have mites.

Thanks for info gotta invest in some t5's then for my veg ill probably buy another tent or use a closet for the vegging/cloning.Irish what do you mean by 'gotta store it in tap water only'. By the way guys I want to grow one strain from seeds in dirt pick out the best mom and clone in rockwool.I want to use some ffof mixed with lightwarrior.Should I mix anything else in the soil like dolmite lime or something? Got another question,whats all the items needed for cloning and what brands do you recommend? TY

I cant help with the soil Q, I am a hydro guy.
As for cloning, my cloning kit consists of:-
Surgical Spirits & Gauze-You may know this as ISO or Rubbing Alcohol. This is to sterilise the scissors/scalpel to prevent cross contamination.
Sharp "toenail" scissors-They have a fine point, are very sharp and sturdy, I use these to cut from the donor.
Clonex rooting gell- I believe most use this stuff, its the pooches gonads.
Scalpel- Final cut at 45 deg is taken under water to prevent an air embolism, this is done with a scalpel.
Mister/spray bottle - Solution I use is 15% strength seedling/clone nutrient, 1ml/l Bizz rooting accellerator, 1 drop superthrive. Mist once per day for first 5 to7 days.
Humidity dome/Propagator-This is to get humidity up around 75%+. High humidity helps the plant grow roots.
1" Rockwool cubes - I have tried root riot cubes and soil but I prefer the rockwool which can then be transplanted into any other medium/growing system.

Green mojo for the babies. W

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is no way to really prevent spider mites. I would not spray with any miticide if I did not have mites.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

Preventative measures for mites do more harm than good.

If ya get em, deal with them, but don't be spraying stuff willy nilly just to be spraying stuff.

Wet

Try eseasongear.com for meters...best prices I have seen.

Sour Deez said:
I want to use some ffof mixed with lightwarrior.Should I mix anything else in the soil like dolmite lime or something?

Of course you should add some lime. Prevent problems from the start, rather than reacting to problems down the line.

For clones, I use Clonex gel, and now, K-L-N from Dyna-Gro and the jiffy peat pucks. Everything else comes from the $ store and HD or Lowes. Very ghetto and works just as well as the $300 *clone machines*. IIRC, it was all less than $50 or so.

Wet

Wetdog said:
:yeahthat: :goodposting:

Preventative measures for mites do more harm than good.

If ya get em, deal with them, but don't be spraying stuff willy nilly just to be spraying stuff.

Wet

The best preventative measures are actually more common sense.

1.Dont go into your garden right after youve been in your outdoor garden.
2.Keep things clean.
3.Dont let pets into your garden area.
4.Always isolate any clones or new plants you may aquire to be sure there bug free.
5.Most mites are brought into the grow area by you.
6.Houseplants are another spider mite infestation waiting to happen, get rid of them.

There are things that you can do to help prevent them, that and pray.

Latest posts

Back